Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm in a good mood so I'm givin away CDs.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Things have been going fairly well for The Nerve! and myself lately so I thought I'd give a little payback to the universe. I'll mail our new CD "The Nerve!" free to the 1st 5 people who post in this thread that they'd like one. Then just email me your address @ nervemail@aol.com .

Ohh... please only ask for one if you really want it. Not just cuz it's free. The music is R&R - cross btwn Fugazy, STP, Chili Peps and Weezer??? You can sample it at the link to our website below, or at www.myspace.com/thenerverocks . Thanks.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Ooooooo... free Nerve! I'm in :bassist:

3. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Damn that was quick - didn't even get to edit my mistake in the url. :) Just email me your address. Hope you enjoy it.

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :meh: I've heard that before

Thanks Joe, I've dug the smples and stuff you've shared in the past. I sent the email right after I posted. If you didn't get it let me know and I'll send it again.

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Joe, I've really wanted to buy one in the past, but I have just never remembered to. If you're going to be so generous, I'd love to take you up on your offer.
    You know, giving away free stuff won't get you any closer to another Bongo. ;)

6. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Me please.

You were one of the people that posted in this. Does that mean you mail one to yourself?

Does James get two?

7. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    I got James address thus far but noone elses. Send me your addresses guys. I may have to ammend this post and say - The first 5 people to send post here, and send me their addresses - not including myself.

So far - 1 down, 4 to go.

8. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    W00t. I'm in. E-mail being sent.

9. Turbo

Turbo

Mar 17, 2004
    Illinois
    don't worry joe! i'll mail you mine :hyper:

10. i'll take one if theres one left!

Or does turbo get another? ;)

11. I love listening to new bands. I'll take one, if there's any left.

Edit:
    My e-mail address is CrimsonKnight01@hotmail.com, by the way. I forgot to put my TB name in my e-mail before I sent it.

12. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    RIGHT HERE WOO WOO!

I'm probably too late though.

13. MarztekMilita

MarztekMilita

Feb 10, 2005
    Pinole
    dude those samples sounded awsome!!! if you got any hook a brotha up.

14. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Got 4 Addresses so far - James, Andrew, Nathan, and Michael. One of the 9 of you who posted and didn't send me an address yet can still get the last one. Or someone just seeing this now, if you send me your address and post here.

EEEK! Just realized, I need to make this offer in the US only. To send them out of the country would mean waiting on line in the Post Office (which I loathe) and shipping would cost me considerrably more. I didn't check the addresses yet, so I apologize if anyone of the above is in another country.

That being said, all the CDs will be dropped in the mail tomorrow and go out on Monday.

15. PM sent....on the off chance there's one left

16. Damn - I'm in Canadia...... :bawl:

17. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Email me if you want it, there's one left. PMs make it more difficult for me.

18. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Whoops - missed the Canada part. Sorry.

19. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    SoComSurfing gets the 5th CD. Hope ya'll enjoy em.

20. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Even if you didn't catch Joe's good day where no one said the word "Neckerchief", this CD is absolutely worth the $15 (shipping included!) Great songwriting, wonderful production, and a song about plastic-covered couch, which is very much a NYC thing - I remember many an elderly family member owning at least one. :smug:

...plus, the basslines simply kick. I dare you not to blast this out your car stereo with the windows rolled down.