I'm in a really crappy mood.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I'm getting sick, got a drip in my throat and a nagging cough. All aches and pains. I have to go to work tomorrow, I substitute teach and I know the classes I have. I had problems with them today, special ed, had to send 2 kids to the dean's office (and I only do that as an absolute last resort). I've got a gig Thursday night at CBGB and I'm already projecting that I'm going to have a fever by then. It's freezing freaking cold outside here in NY. And my bonehead other band member just made another boneheaded business move without consulting me, and I'm quite sure it's going to have negative repercussions on the band. It was something that was so simple to rectify had he simply called me before making a decision that he absolutely shouldn't have made. For the first time in years I don't feel like playing my bass.

There's nothing on TV either.
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    American idol is, I'm 'watching' it mostly on mute though.

But I hear ya, the cold is really getting to me, long distance relationship is a pain, I miss california(and her), and that's compounding a lot of feelings I've been having over the past few months, such as "why the hell am I in boston?" and "what the heck am I doing at berklee?" and the infamous "what am I doing with my life??"
  3. Joe, get some Zicam and start taking it. Works real well.

Get better bro and I hope things turn out good for ya.
  4. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Thanks guys, but where are all the chicks to pat my head and tell me everything's going to turn out just fine.

5. Your Dream babe has arrived to lick your wounds! :D
  6. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    Aghh my eyes! On top of Joe's illness and stress, now you have to make him blind too!? ...harsh

7. Ok, Forgive me Joe. Something to hopefully cure your illness now! :D
  8. odie

odie Supporting Member

Hang in there....I have done plenty of gigs sick. Get rest, eat well, fluids etc. You will be sick and feeling like crap on Thursday, but half the battle is mental...dont talk yourself down. Gig butt at the gig and slap your bandmate along the head.

By the way what did he do?
  9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

actually......half the battle is 90% mental according to Yogi Berra. :)

10. +1 to Odie's pearl of wisdom (even if it was incorrectly quoted :) )

Just keep thinking positive. Everything will be all right in the end.
  11. Yeah yeah, and I suppose your feet smell and you don't love Jesus.

Have you tried TheraFlu?

12. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    That theraflu tastes so bad that you cannot help but feel better afterwards. Worked for me. It's like getting punched in the face. After the pain is gone, you are just glad you are not getting punched in the face anymore.
  13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

I thought the TheraFlu tasted fine. Not as good as this funky ginger tea my Korean neighbor makes me when I am sick, but it was fine.

14. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I had the lemon stuff. It made me want to die. Then the taste went away, and I felt much better. Especially considering the state I had just been in while consuming Theraflu.
  15. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Don't worry Joe... Elisha make it all better.
  16. another vote for theraflu.. if nothing else, you'll be whacked if you take it when you're awake, during the day.. etc.. don't drive!!!
  17. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I'll send these guys over to comfort you.

18. I think I went to school w/ those guys....yeah, the one on the left owes me a dollar!
  19. The first time I had theraflu I drank half of it in the middle of the night and threw-up/sneezed-out about an inch-high-in-the-sink of yellow snot.

I felt much better not because of the medicine, but because of my gag reflex.

It is an aquired taste.
  20. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Reopened on probation.