I'm in Bass Player Magazine!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Al Caldwell, May 3, 2005.

1. Al Caldwell

Al Caldwell

Mar 18, 2003
    St.Louis , Mo
    I'm talking about 9 and 11 string basses. I think this is the first time they have open the door to this extreme subject matter.I hope you like the article. I thank them for the press. www.bassplayer.com Al Caldwell
  2. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    So tomorrow, I'm gonna go pick up a copy of it. It's probably about time I subscribe to Bass Player, huh?

I'm really interested to read it. I always love hearing what phenominal bassists have to say. I'm too scared to play anything with more than 6 strings right now. I'm primarily a 5-string player right now. I want to at least play some extended-range basses sometime. I have a feeling that I'd fall in love and GAS would kick in though; and if I've learned anything from looking at basses... I've learned that often the more strings there are: the more $$. Not a good combo for me.

Regardless, I'll be reading the article tomorrow. It'll give me something to look forward to.
  3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    you had it coming Al! Congrats!

I almost hit my local Barnes&Noble yesterday for a bass mag or 2... now I know I'm gonna swing by and get one tomorrow!

I bought Vanesa's new disc when it came out... man, that's some great work! I can't wait to order a copy of your Hillbilly stuff. :bassist:
  4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Congrats, Al-I read it a few weeks ago. It looks like you've got all of your massive gear crammed into a 10x10 room :D
  5. Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    I just read that article! I had no idea you posted here. Keep up the good work man
  6. Al Caldwell

Al Caldwell

Mar 18, 2003
    St.Louis , Mo
    I'm as happy as I can Be! Al
  7. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Great article. We are indeed among bass greatness here!!

Best regards!
  8. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Al, you deserve an article. I got Vanessa's new CD, and my wife and I enjoy it, uhhhhh, when we're acting like husband and wife.

My only problem is I get distracted by your playing and say things like, "Honey, do you hear what he just played?"

Not exactly conducive, if you know what I mean!
  9. Al, what is your favorite bassline on the new CD?
  10. Sane

Dec 4, 2004
    Melbourne Fl
    Saw you in there a few weeks ago... probley read the article like 4 times. Congrats... you deserved it :hyper:
  11. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings from the North,
    Congratulations Al! I can't wait for the sled dogs to get here with that issue.Sometimes I think that the mail man reads it first.
  12. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Unfortunately I still have to wait a few days in order to buy the latest edition, but I'm looking forward to. Congrats! :D
  13. Panther

Dec 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia
    Congrats Al!

Just got BP in the mail yesterday, and brought it to work to read the article about you.

Great pic-man that's a lot of gear!

Well deserved, and all the best!

14. Al

Congratulations. I read the link with interest!

15. Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Oooooh! Hooky PLUS Al in one issue? Me am need to get it.
  16. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama

Congrats, Al!!!
  17. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Sitting here reading this, I realized that I had the newest copy of BP here at work with me! Just finished the article - Great stuff in there! I loved the "That's my big boy...he's going to rule the earth" comment.

Next month they need to do an article with you about using a bass synth on extended range basses!
  18. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Very cool Al! I read that a few weeks ago when my issue came, and the first thing I thought was "HEY..THAT DUDE IS ON TB!"
  19. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I think they have a TB quota, First Joe Neve, then Brad Cook and now you, Congrats, Al , well deserved. Were takeing over the world!
  20. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I saw your write up in BP about two or three weeks ago. It was nice. It's good to see St. Louis putting out the talent.