1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD I'm in BIG TROUBLE w/ my Honey-Bunny

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jbravo, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbravo

jbravo

Jun 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    It would seem that the great deal I got on a Marcus Miller today didn't impress my sweetie as much as it did me, so I told her I'd get rid of something. I can't decide which, as I really like both, so the first one to sell goes, and I keep the other.

Whichever sells will also include a Fender hard case with a few scuffs, but no cracks, the latches all work, and it actually has the keys!?!

The choices are:
    My USA Fender body parts P in candy cola. It has the neck off a VM jazz. I reshaped the headstock to resemble a telecaster, and put a fender logo on it. the pickup is a VM p-bass pickup. Has a hipshot d tuner. Plays and sounds great. It 's a player, and there are a few dings here and there. The severe buckle rash on the back was there when I bought it. It looks great from the dance floor though!

View attachment 246319

The second option is an SX jazz bass with HWY 1 jazz pick-ups, stack knob controls, a Fender ashtray,a fender neckplate, hwy 1 tuners. I gently reshaped the headstock, and put on a Fender Jazz decal. This is also a player with a few dings, but nothing huge. It plays great and sounds wonderful.

View attachment 246320

Bear in mind that I don't think I've ever shipped a bass in a hard case for less than $55-60 via UPS which is the only way I ship (no fed ex in town). these prices INCLUDE conus shipping!

Parts P -$300.00 in case shipped conus.
    SX jazz- $250.00 in case shipped conus.

Paypal is cool, and I can't take any trades, if I could I'd just keep em both!

Thanks!
    Steve

PS-more photos coming...

2. MasterBass!

MasterBass! Reaching new Highs in Lows!! Supporting Member

Steve???????? I just got rid of my wife!! :)

3. jbravo

jbravo

Jun 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    Mine's a keeper, Denny!

4. BillyIVbass

BillyIVbass

Sep 24, 2008
    PA
    Gear Reviews Guitar World Online
    Ah tell that P-bass to quit looking at me!

5. jbravo

jbravo

Jun 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 (it's staring at you)
    --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

6. five7

five7 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2009
    denver
    You can keep them both, just go to a jewelry store and spend some on that keeper. lol

7. Monotheist

Monotheist

Nov 24, 2010
    Ottawa, Canada
    That is why you need your secret stash of cash and never give a full discloser of your gear.

Wife: Whos bass is that?
    You: It's a loner from...
    Wife: How nice of him to lend it to you.
    You = win.

:D

8. jbravo

jbravo

Jun 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    my Honey isn't a material girl- just alot more practical than her husband...

9. five7

five7 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2009
    denver
    She is a keeper then!
    Monotheist, you are a wise man!

10. Monotheist

Monotheist

Nov 24, 2010
    Ottawa, Canada
    Thanx!! ;-)

OP: Most of them are. lol

11. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS

That is the FUNNIEST thing ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. bassman28

bassman28 Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    Bump to help Steve get out of hot water and a great guy bump.I feel your pain I'm having to thin a few out myself .Good luck with the sale.

13. Vakmere

Vakmere

Sep 6, 2007
    Philly
    Why dont we all just chip in and send you 300 bucks and you can keep all the basses? What do you say gang??? dudes?....... anybody there?.... I hear crickets.

14. Pm'd

15. jbravo

jbravo

Jun 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    P bass sold and paid for. I' m gonna keep the sx. Thanks for all the interest!
    Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.