I'm in college and have no desire whatsoever to go get

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by i like tictacs, Sep 4, 2005.

1. tanked at a party with a bunch of horny toolbox upperclassmen. 50% of the kids on my floor are stoked to get drunk...but whatever. Maybe I just don't care, maybe I'm focusing too hard on this girl i've met, but whatevvver. Confused

Is this ridiculous? Probably.
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Nope. I wish I could turn back the clock and have the same conviction as you do when I was faced with those choices.

3. Are you kidding, you cant be cool unless you get wasted all the time.

Actually, Im the same way, so you got two on your side and no one against you. Looks like we win.
  4. Who says you can't learn and party? There's a reason for Sundays; to get the work and studying done that you couldn't do friday through saturday. ;)
  5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    College Junior here. I'm an occasional social drinker, but the whole "binge" drinking thing never sat well with me. I normally get my chuckles watching the drunkest person at the party do stupid stuff.
  6. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

make that three, yo. :cool:
  7. Are you a freshman?

You can drink without being an alcoholic. Plenty of kids do. If that's not your thing, that's cool, whatever makes you happy. College taught me to enjoy alcohol. Not in a bad way, either. It's a social lubricant and looking down on other people who enjoy drinking just makes you look like a prude. I was someone who never even touched it in high school, either.

Take it from a member of the class of 2004... don't let college pass you by - it's over way too fast.
  8. I just have no interest in it whatsoever. It's not like I haven't tried it. I just think it is hugely overrated and I feel like I'm missing something.
  9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    I've found the main reason to go drinking and go to parties is when you want to meet a girl. Once you've found one, the desire to do the same thing shrinks. I've been married for a couple years now, and I haven't had the urge to drink more than a Guiness or two in a very long time, and I don't go to "normal" parties either.
  10. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Four. :)
  11. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I'd be more stoked if the GIRL was getting drunk! :hyper:
  12. Five
  13. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well known college equation:

Hammered You + Hammered Her = Looove. You'll sire her babies, live with her in a cottage on the moon and look into her eyes for eternity and...holy crap! Is it noon already? Who the hell is this? Why am I naked? Where am I? Where are my boxers? Wait...why is SHE naked? Oh, man, what happened? I gotta get to class.

14. :D
  15. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I'm in high school. I have every desire to drink and smoke. Because a camel in sunglasses told me to, of course.
  16. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
    Blah I had the desire to drink, smoke, and have unprotected sex with various anonymous partners when I was seven. All because of candy ciggarettes of course.
  17. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Go to the party, get hammered, get the girl hammered, etc.

If you don't, you'll regret it when you're 41. Believe me.
  18. I could never do that.
  19. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    The man speaks great pearls of wisdom, and you'll never regret anything you did when you were drunk. Because you won't remember until the paternity suit!
  20. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    It's a whole different kind of squandered youth, eh?