1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I'm in disbelief right now!! My doctor has died!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by LKdubby, Sep 10, 2008.

1. LKdubby

LKdubby

Nov 2, 2007
    Los Angeles
    This morning I was reading "whats the greatest pain you've suffered thread" and posted about my sciatic pain and that I was going to get a hold of the doctor today for another refill on vicodin.. Well I just called his office and was informed that he's passed away..

I'm shocked.. I just saw him two and a half weeks ago and it didn't seem like there was anything wrong with him.. Of course he could have been in a car accident or something, but the nurse said that they have not released any information on his death and she did not know how he died yet..

I'm just a little surprised but not in total awe that another human has died.. I've already dealt with a number of deaths in my life, friends/family.. That's just the way of life.. It's just shocking when it happens unexpectedly to someone fairly close to you or to a semi regular acquaintance..

On a different note though, I don't have insurance and I hate dealing with the medical professionals if I don't have to.. The (ex) doctor's office gave me a number for a different doctor who is "covering" for my ex doc.. I have no idea who this guy is or what his office fee will be.. Since he's never seen me before and doesn't know my history it probably means that I will have to visit his office and give him all the info about my health history, etc.. Not looking forward to having to do that.. Especially since my first request of him will be for a prescription of vicodin.. It seems to me there is a stigma amongst people/doctors that vicodin is so "addictive" and that they only prescribe it if they have to.. Which makes me feel like I have to prove that I really have a need for it, or something as strong as it.. Maybe that's my own stigma attached..

I can't believe my doc died.. I was only fairly comfortable having to see him as it was.. Now I have to deal with someone new and unknown to me.. :atoz:

Anyways.. Dr. C, may your rest in peace.

2. LKdubby

LKdubby

Nov 2, 2007
    Los Angeles
    So the doctor's office had given me a number for another doctor who was "covering" Doc C's patients and I called to see about getting Vicodin. I was told that this other doctor "doesn't write prescriptions".. What kind of medical doctor doesn't write prescriptions?? Anyways they told me to call Doc C's office again and see if there is another covering doctor.. I called Doc C's again and they gave me a second number and when I called it I only got voicemail and their message gives the regular office hours, which just happen to be totally inconsistent and all over the place.. Mondays and Fridays = X number of hours. Tuesdays and Thursdays = completely different X number of hours. And Wednesday (today) no hours at all... :rollno:

This is already turning into a hassle.. I wish my back would re-align itself (disc slip back into place) so that I wouldn't have a current need for Vicodin.. Though it's always bound to slip again placing me in severe pain again..

Why did my doc have to pass right in the middle of one of my sciatic episodes?! WHYYYYYYY?!!!!!!!!!! :crying:

Thanks for letting me rant!

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    yeah i have been with my Doc for over 8 years and she's great, so I can understand losing your Doc... what a drag..

:(