I'm in looove!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Techmonkey, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    Well I went down to the local guitar shop today to buy some picks, haven't been in there for about 3 months... And I saw a lovely looking Corvette Standard with active pickups & honey finish... It was (as expected) a little pricey in the shop, but heck if I'd have £750 I'd have bought it right then! It was the nicest bass I've *EVER* played! It slapped so nice, really nice punchy tone... Really low action, amazing growl... Huuuge attack! It was a bit heavy though, and it wasn't quite as warm as I would have liked, although it did have plenty of thump!

Shame it was £750, as that's £750 more than I've got! :bawl:
  2. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    There's a Geddy Lee jazz bass at our store. I don't know how long I can hold out. My wife would like to (someday) buy one for me. Problem is, I really want it now. Do I need it? No. But the neck is so fast and it growls like crazy.
  3. Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    That's exactly how I feel, 'cept minus the wife thing! ;)

Man, I've never even seen a Fender bass at my local music store... There's been like one Gibson in there in the last 5 years! It sucks so much living in a small city!
  4. ugo

Jan 8, 2005
    Northern VA
    Sound Design Coordinator, Camel Audio | Designer, Ugo Audio
    GAS is a tough thing. im currently lusting for a bass a saw on ebay the other night. it aint cheep though so i have to hope that it somehow stays low enough for me to be able to buy it, and that i win the auction. :meh:

5. Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    Ah, so I'm experiencing GAS? I didn't think it would hurt so much, deep inside... I guess it was GAS at first site! Butterflies in the stomach, etc. :smug:
  6. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    GAS is an insidious horrible disease. After awhile you will grow to enjoy and expect it ;)