Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm in looove!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Techmonkey, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    Well I went down to the local guitar shop today to buy some picks, haven't been in there for about 3 months... And I saw a lovely looking Corvette Standard with active pickups & honey finish... It was (as expected) a little pricey in the shop, but heck if I'd have £750 I'd have bought it right then! It was the nicest bass I've *EVER* played! It slapped so nice, really nice punchy tone... Really low action, amazing growl... Huuuge attack! It was a bit heavy though, and it wasn't quite as warm as I would have liked, although it did have plenty of thump!

Shame it was £750, as that's £750 more than I've got! :bawl:

2. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    There's a Geddy Lee jazz bass at our store. I don't know how long I can hold out. My wife would like to (someday) buy one for me. Problem is, I really want it now. Do I need it? No. But the neck is so fast and it growls like crazy.

3. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    That's exactly how I feel, 'cept minus the wife thing! ;)

Man, I've never even seen a Fender bass at my local music store... There's been like one Gibson in there in the last 5 years! It sucks so much living in a small city!

4. ugo

ugo

Jan 8, 2005
    Northern VA
    Sound Design Coordinator, Camel Audio | Designer, Ugo Audio
    GAS is a tough thing. im currently lusting for a bass a saw on ebay the other night. it aint cheep though so i have to hope that it somehow stays low enough for me to be able to buy it, and that i win the auction. :meh:

-ugo

5. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    Ah, so I'm experiencing GAS? I didn't think it would hurt so much, deep inside... I guess it was GAS at first site! Butterflies in the stomach, etc. :smug:

6. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    GAS is an insidious horrible disease. After awhile you will grow to enjoy and expect it ;)