1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I'm in LOVE (Surf Green Content)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FL Knifemaker, Feb 22, 2008.

1. I just picked this baby up from another TBer. Thanks Spencer!!

I spent the day tweeking it in to my normal setup and I couldn't stop admiring it :oops: I've been looking for a MIJ Fender in Surf or Seafoam Green forever and finally found one. I have basses that come and go but this one is staying :D

I've been kind of spoiled or have gotten used to the aftermarket P pickups like Dimarzio, Villex and Fralins. At first I thought the one in this bass was sort of blah........but a few adjustmets on my LMII and it's pumping out that good ol' P Bass tone!! :bassist: I'm in LOVE :hyper:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. skaismyhero

skaismyhero

May 21, 2006
    Dayton Ohio
    :/ you bought this right before I could :bawl: Lovely bass how much did you get it for

3. debassr

debassr

Jan 23, 2008
    Boston
    Yum!

4. Gorgeous.:)

5. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    HOT

6. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Wow! Nice score! Congrats and enjoy!

Cheers,
    Kevin

7. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Great color!

8. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    What a beauty!!!

Enjoy :bassist:

9. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Beautiful. :crying:

10. Thanks!! I can't play it with the pup cover on :( I put it back on for the Photos. I've never been a big fan of tort and was considering vintage pearloid. Other than MAYBE changing the pickguard, it's going to remain as is.

11. A pearloid guard would be sweet on that bass. You wanna sale that tort guard? If so, how much? You can pm me if you like. I'm workin' on another sunburst P and gonna need a tort guard. Just let me know. Sweet bass!

Steve

12. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Sweet! I'm lusting for either a seafoam or sonic blue P myself.

13. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    NOOOO :crying:

On that bass, I think it has to be tort. But its not my bass, so I guess I don't have a say :p

To bad about not being able to play with the pickup cover on...those things are sweet on a P-bass. I think the Jazz covers are too over-the-top, but I like em on a P. Oh well!

14. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    I am really glad you are enjoying my old girl. She's a beaut' isn't she? I love seeing that surf green here in your new post. Rock-on!!

15. Drucocu

Drucocu

Jan 24, 2007
    why am I the only one who doesn't dig tort on custom colors? IMO white, parchment or mintgreen!! yeps!
    I love tort on all whites and sunburst.

16. Vinny D

Vinny D

Jan 9, 2007
    Warwick, RI
    Great color!
    I am with you, I can't play with the pickup covers on either.....sometimes that isn't my only issue:D

17. Shroom

Shroom

Dec 12, 2006
    Looks like toothpaste, or my friend's Mark Hoppus signature model. The pickguard looks weird with it too.

Sorry to be negative. I guess it's just not my thing. :meh:
    Maybe if it had a white pickguard... or a white shell/pearloid/whatever they call if pickguard! Then I'd dig it. :)

18. My other, "never gonna be for sale" bass also has a tort pickguard :confused: Tort looks good on this bass and I can always change it back.

19. i think it looks awesome with the tort as well and would leave it...

Steve

20. Awesome! I love that color. Great score.