I'm in love with Johnny Marr..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Fassa Albrecht, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Holy crap, always knew he was a good guitarist but I'm sitting watching the Rockpalast concert (from 1984 I think) and his guitar playing is GODLY!!!

Possibly the one time I'm taking notice of the guitar and not the bass for once...:D

I want his Rickenbacker too...

Any other Smiths guitar fans here?

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    You need to get the newest Modest Mouse CD, We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank. I think Johnny is gone now, but it's a great CD!

3. Skitch it!

Skitch it!

Sep 6, 2010
    Johnny Marr is one of my favourites for sure, incredibly melodic, intricate, imaginative talent. I've always been a fan of The Smiths since way back. I'm a fan of Morrissey's lyrics too, from the hilariously funny stuff to the ' Oh woe betide me why have you cursed me so!' stuff :)

Boz Boorer the guitarist on Morrissey's - 'Vauxhall and I' did some really nice work there too.

I'd also add I think Andy Rourke is a criminally underrated bassist.

4. I love his tone.

5. He is an all time great. Definitely one of my favorites.

6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Brilliant and mostly under rated in the music world. 25 years down the line, I still wake up in the morning with Smiths songs in my head.

7. The Smiths were the apex of New Wave IMO, and 'How Soon Is Now' and 'Girlfriend in a Coma' are freakin' brilliant!

8. Some of the lyrics are incredibly funny and clever. And yes, Andy Rourke is an AMAZING bassist. One of my personal fave bassists and some funky basslines...

9. mpm32

mpm32

Jan 23, 2009
    Listen to some of his work with The The, very cool. Cool bass on their albums too.

10. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I'm a fan!

11. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Inactive

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Jeez, you'd think that post-adolescent depression would fade earlier than that...

12. Fergie Fulton

Fergie Fulton

Nov 22, 2008
    Braintree
    Retrovibe Artist rota
    LOL glad to see you have found John 25 years after the event...music is just so timeless sometimes.

Ps coming to Gateshead soon.

Hokie Joint - Gigs

13. ^:D:D:D:D

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021