1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

i'm in love with my new L - 2000 (spalted top!)

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by IAmTheDood, Oct 1, 2008.

1. IAmTheDood

IAmTheDood Shake and Bake

Dec 15, 2006
    Waterford, MI

yum.... just got this on sunday ... this has the most incredible sound and I had no problem cutting through in my band with 2 guitarists, 2 singers and a drummer ..

I looked through the club ,and didn't see a single one of you guys with a spalted top G & L :)

2. southpaw420

southpaw420

Aug 25, 2007
    niiice :) i dont remember ever seeing an L2k with a spalted top, but it sure is a beauty... I wonder what kind of upcharge that was :rolleyes: awesome bass man, enjoy

3. nig

nig

Oct 18, 2006
    south east u.k
    Ooh Thats bloody amazing, please send to me when your bored with it...:hyper:

4. quickervicar

quickervicar Supporting Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Lancaster, PA
    Since when has spalted been an option? That is great.

5. IAmTheDood

Dec 15, 2006
    Waterford, MI
    it's a "Custom Creations" ... there was a line of 100 of them built in may. :)

6. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yeah- the only ones I've seen were built specifically to be shown off/sold at NAMM shows. Sometimes you can find killer deals on those instruments that don't sell at the NAMM too, as it seems some retailers will buy a bunch of them in a lot and sell them for normal prices despite their upgrades (I think its how I got my old SB-2 so cheap, despite being very much upgraded).

Oh yeah- pretty bass, dude!

Karl

7. IAmTheDood

Dec 15, 2006
    Waterford, MI
    what's cost on normal L - 2000's? $1300 or so ??

sticker at the shop i got this one from was $1630.

I traded a '98 warwick thumb Neck thru for it .. along with a squire stratocustic guitar ($200 new) and $100 cash.

thought i got a pretty good deal with the way the market is nowadays ..

8. TDR1138

TDR1138

Apr 11, 2007
    Section 204
    I'd say you got a smokin deal... Seen a few of those pop up on the 'Bay, and man, if I had an extra $1600 sitting around...

9. Maxomii

Maxomii

Sep 18, 2008
    North-east, UK
    You are the biggest bastard EVER. I want one of those soooooooo bad!
    That's one of only 2 basses on my wish list :(

You are a very lucky man. Treat it well...

10. IAmTheDood

Dec 15, 2006
    Waterford, MI
    here's a better shot of it.. this was as promo pic shoot we did with my band and i did the backdrop. all amateur, but i like it!

me10.