1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I'm in love with the ISP Decimator G-String

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by johnbegone, Aug 7, 2012.

1. johnbegone

johnbegone Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    There, I said it. It's love. I don't remember what I did before this pedal, but I can't imagine life without it. I have a lot of pretty rad effects on my board, but this is the one that I wouldn't trade out for anything else. Just wanted to show it some official love.

My setup is simple, EBS MultiComp into the Decimator, out of the Decimator into all my pedals, then BACK into the Decimator and out to my amp. Those pedals include a VT Bass Deluxe with some pretty raging destruction tones dialed in, a wooly mammoth clone, a ss/bs Team Awesome Fuzz Machine, and a JHS Pandamonium. Overall, lots and lots of fuzz and lots and lots of noise. However, my line signal is always SILENT. Every once in awhile I turn off the Decimator just to remember what life was like before. I love it because when I cut off a note, it's done. I have the threshold set high enough that I never get any string/fret noise as I move my hands around or anything, just silence until I want there to be sound.

No tone coloration that I can hear. I even recorded with it on the whole time.

The ONLY drawback is it doesn't deal well with volume swells or and it hurts your sustain jussttt barely. For those parts I just switch it off and it's not a big deal.

Well worth every dollar I spent on this thing, I've been very impressed. I tried the original Decimator first but immediately sold it in favor of the G String. This just a PSA as I feel like this pedal hasn't gotten a whole lot of love around here when I was researching it last year.