I'm in love!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Flatwound, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I hadn't seen any Brice/Essex basses that thrilled me until now

I may just go ahead and be the guinea pig on this one. Gotta think about it a little, but it sure is attractive, especially with that set neck!
  2. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    That's pretty nice, but I have never really like Gibson/epiphone bass body styles for some reason. I bet it plays adn sounds pretty good though. Go for it!:D
  3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

:eek: Kurt! please,you're killin' me here.

looks like another winner!
  4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    With the other woman??

Oops!! Sorry...... 80's flashback..

"....Makes me wanna grab my guitar...

And play with it all night long...."
  5. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    Looks like the bridge has no intonation adjusment available.
  6. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Good point about the bridge. I hadn't noticed that.
  7. egb41

Mar 26, 2003
    U.S.A OHIO Columbus
    Intonation. Whats that. With a pickup that close to the neck all you'll hear is rumble--rumble anyhow.;)
  8. thats a fine piece of (b)ass!
  9. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yup. That would be a bad thing. Maybe you could put a badass on that thing?
  10. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Intonation may be contrary to the whole EB0/EB3 concept. Go for it! With the new amps and equipment, this concept may be the new funk.:)
  11. OMG!!!
    If anybody remembers any of my posts, alot of them are about EB-O's/3's, And I love them!!!...I actully think I was the one who mentioned to kurt about the Eb-O copy in the megathread...I think...I can't remember...

But I'm thrilled, although, I don't like the bridge, no really cause of the lack of intonation, I just dont like the look.
  12. try it Ricbass....it is potentially closer towards your mod up goal!
  13. MattFreemanRock

Nov 30, 2002
    I wish i had the money for that. It's hard to get cash when you're 16 with no job and no ride to get to a job.
  14. I've been waiting for an Essex/Brice EB copy for awhile, and I totally remember reading about rickbass' post to kurt about making one. Too bad I don't have the money to spend on yet another bass. Three is almost too many as it is. :) However, I'll always love the SG body style.

Flatwound: I'd love to read your opinions on it if you do decide to get one.

I'm not sure about putting a badass though. While it would definitely allow for intonation, wouldn't it defeat the purpose of the string through body?
  15. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I wonder if anyone makes a bass Tunamatic that would fit on the factory studs?
  16. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    WSC Music? (chrome, black, or gold) ...

17. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    There you go! Problem potentially solved...
  18. To me it looks like there might be little screws for intonation adjustment. I am sure they would have thought of that...
  19. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    So am I...

I really like that bass man. Theres one similar to that in the local pawnshop. The only problem is i think its a REAL SG Gibson converted to a bass :meh:
  20. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    you can't adjust the inotation on an acoustic.same deal..my friends dc les paul has the same style wasn't that bad off..