I'm in the mood...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by xxxBassJunkiexx, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Do you ever have the urge to stray away from your favorite genre of music for a day/hour/minute? Right now I'm pumping ((GASP)) Nsync over the speakers.... and I'm usually listening to Dead Kennedys/SOAD/Anti-Flag/Our Lady Peace. :eek: Weird. Anyone else like this?
  2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I couldn't help thinking when I saw this title, of a "Nolan Sisters" song, which started exactly like this and was completed by the phrase ...for dancing!

I must say that the Nolans were one of the most annoying and insipid acts in UK pop history and they were intensely irritating for many reasons; but especially when their songs would lodge in your head if you heard it by chance on the radio!
  3. I would have to be VERY drunk to like N-sync!!!

4. I seriously think there's somthing wrong with me!! It could be the "home with the younger sis for 6 hours" thing, but I doubt it. All the guys I talk to love the punk rawk.... where is this coming from? Natural girl instincts? Whoa. :eek:
  5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    i actually thought of a Sublime song (about thread title)

so does DHC... :)
  6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    *stands up*
    ...I...I'm Brendan, and I have the occasional Pop binge...y'know, a few hits of Nelly Furtado, No Doubt chasers, sometimes, I even hit the hard stuff, the Outkast...then, After a night of heavy listening, I'm wasted, I've lost hours omy life I'll NEVER get back..I...*sob*
    *sits back down*

I'm weak. Sometime's it just hits me. I also have Classical, Alternative, and Country binges. Usually I'm hittin' the Metal, Hard rock, and "other" (Primus, ect).
  7. :D

load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911!
  8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000

9. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    me - mr "i only listen to jazz and funk music" just bought the van halen best of volume 1 cd.

that's about as far out as i'm gonna go.

10. Gee man, I'm sorry. It's too band that Van Halen is a gate-way band.:D It's what got me hooked into Metal and Punk.

Rock on
  11. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    nar. 24/7 death, thrash, grind, heavy.

my neighbours love me :D