Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm in the mood...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by xxxBassJunkiexx, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Do you ever have the urge to stray away from your favorite genre of music for a day/hour/minute? Right now I'm pumping ((GASP)) Nsync over the speakers.... and I'm usually listening to Dead Kennedys/SOAD/Anti-Flag/Our Lady Peace. :eek: Weird. Anyone else like this?

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I couldn't help thinking when I saw this title, of a "Nolan Sisters" song, which started exactly like this and was completed by the phrase ...for dancing!

I must say that the Nolans were one of the most annoying and insipid acts in UK pop history and they were intensely irritating for many reasons; but especially when their songs would lodge in your head if you heard it by chance on the radio!

3. I would have to be VERY drunk to like N-sync!!!

:eek:

4. I seriously think there's somthing wrong with me!! It could be the "home with the younger sis for 6 hours" thing, but I doubt it. All the guys I talk to love the punk rawk.... where is this coming from? Natural girl instincts? Whoa. :eek:

5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    i actually thought of a Sublime song (about thread title)

so does DHC... :)

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    *stands up*
    ...I...I'm Brendan, and I have the occasional Pop binge...y'know, a few hits of Nelly Furtado, No Doubt chasers, sometimes, I even hit the hard stuff, the Outkast...then, After a night of heavy listening, I'm wasted, I've lost hours omy life I'll NEVER get back..I...*sob*
    *sits back down*

:D

I'm weak. Sometime's it just hits me. I also have Classical, Alternative, and Country binges. Usually I'm hittin' the Metal, Hard rock, and "other" (Primus, ect).

7. :D

load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911!

8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico

ROFL!!

:D:D:D

9. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    me - mr "i only listen to jazz and funk music" just bought the van halen best of volume 1 cd.

that's about as far out as i'm gonna go.

:D

jason

10. Gee man, I'm sorry. It's too band that Van Halen is a gate-way band.:D It's what got me hooked into Metal and Punk.

Rock on
    Eric

11. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    nar. 24/7 death, thrash, grind, heavy.

my neighbours love me :D