I'm in Yosemite

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Been here since last night... staying a few more hours.

My church runs a summer camp 2 miles up the road from the Wawona hotel.

Its about 80 degrees, blue skies... trees are tall.

I got up on the high ropes course this morning. Nothing like being 50ft up in the air hanging from a cable by 2 ropes and a harness, then dropping down at the end from a swing.

2. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Sounds like fun! :)

Happy 4th. :D
  3. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    My wife and I went there for part of our honeymoon (and I'd been there once before previously, and my wife a couple times on various climbing excursions). I really like it there, the crowds down in the main valley part notwithstanding.

Glacier Point has quite a view! That was one of the highlights for me.
  4. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Mike Money goes to church?????

I would have thought all major religions would have a sign up that said "Do not admit this boy - by order of God".
  5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
  6. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Mike, While I have read many of your postings and enjoyed most, I've seen Mark Latimores Avatar, and I must admit I have never been jealous of you until today. Rapelling, Climbing is a blast, even though the bones are getting to old, but I would love to be out west right now! New job and the need to pay for Sadowsky's will make it tough this summer. Next year a trip to B.C. with the fly rod. Please post pictures Mr. Money
  7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Well, I'm back in Bakerspatch.

The drive is supposed to be a 3 1/2 hour drive... I swear that I didn't do it in 2:15, cause thats not safe.

I didn't get to go into the valley... My mom made me leave around 3:30 because of traffic and stuff. I'm gonna make another trek in september or october with some friends and hang out in the valley.

more later. h0t dogs.
  8. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yosemite is so freakin' gorgeous. Yeah, the crowds suck but there's a reason for all those crowds and it's incredible.

brad cook
  9. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    You're in Yosemite. Get off the computer.
  10. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
  11. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California

For your information, I was transfering Excel files from an XP computer (my mom's lap top, to be exact) to the summer camp's crappy 32MB windows 98 POS... They had been trying to do it for a few days via USB... But it wouldn't work. So it took my genius to think to burn the files on my moms PC to CD, and then upload from the CD to the other PC.

so :spit:

The camp is great. There are always deer walking around, and a bear or two at night. A few years back, my aunt was the nurse for a week, and she left taco bell in the medical building... and a bear broke in. I swear to god, it was drinking pepsi and eating a burrito.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Glad to hear you made it home in one piece Mike. :)
  13. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Did it have the mean gas-s#*ts after that?

brad cook