Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm interested in airsoft

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, May 31, 2004.

1. I really want to look to play, but I need to find out what kind of gear to buy. I know there are some airsoft freaks, so I'm hoping they can give me a step in the right direction.

2. get a gun, and some bbs.
    And some goggles.
    And go shoot people with it.

Preferably people who know its not a real gun.

www.redwolfairsoft.com
    has a good selection.
    I dont really play too much...i've been borrowing guns.
    I want an AEG, probly an MP5 from tokyo marui.
    And a GBB .45, probly from western arms.

Someone else will have better advice than me.

3. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Ah, you beat me to it. RedWolf is a great site, both for guns and the "Beginner" section.

My only advice is to get good safety gear (mask/goggles especially), and don't spend too much on your gun. Make sure Airsoft is something you really enjoy, and play often, before shelling out serious cash. These kids that build up $1500 guns end up selling them on eBay 6 months later, for a third of that.

Buy a decent AEG, like a Tokyo Marui, and maybe a pistol if you want to skirmish a lot.

Have fun. :)

4. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Required Gear (for actual games):

-ANSI certified safety goggles (paintball goggles will work)

-gun, preferably an AEG (Automatic Electric Gun) or GBB (Gas Blowback)

-BBs ( usually 0.20 or 0.23 gram wt.)

Optional Gear:

-BDUs (Battle Dress Uniforms--these can be bought at mil. surplus stores)

-Holsters/additional equipment for weapons

-radios

check out www.generationairsoft.com or www.plyconsarmory.com for some good deals. Redwolf is great, but it is an overseas store, so you may want to take that into consideration (customs/shipping charges).

If you have any more detailed questions feel free to PM me.

5. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Airsoft is fun:]

Most fields around here rent out cheap guns and i am sure if you go to local airsoft store they will point you to airsoft field that does pickup games and rent out some guns so for your first try if you do not know anyone who plays it you can always rent it... easiest thing is to find a buddy who does play airsoft go with him maybe borrow his gun if he has an extra and check it out:p

Well other thing, i dont know if people would agree with me but if you get serious about it, i think as your 1st gun you should not go for a pistol. Alot of people go for side arm because its cheaper and i understand that. But problem with this is, if you are playing on field with other people you pistol will not give you any power...
    its a side arm to protect yourself when you are reloading it would be much better to have a m4 or Steyr AUG (MIL) (thats what i am thinking of getting when i find a summer job:] ) this way you can expereince airsoft game when playing slightly more:]

Diffrent guns are good for diffrent things. Shorter guns good for short range fighting long guns are good for field... reason i like AUG is its for long range fighting yet its perfectly good and small for short because barelle goes much deeper in the gun.

Used, i dont know about... i am acctually thinking if i can find it i will buy used one but i dont know if it will be as good quility/reabilaty wise... maybe someone could help me... alot of airsofters treat their guns like we treat our bass(s) some dont take care of it at all

So if you can find field that rents out near you i would rent out and see if you like it:]

Also airsoft is honor system:] if someones cheats (gets hit and goes "you didnt hit me") people usually stop playing with ya:p so dont try it at home:p

hope this helps and what people above said too:p

Good luck... maybe when i am in NY area i will kill you few times:] (dont sue please! its only few times)

Sorry for spelling:p or not making any sense for that matter:p

Cheers

6. How do you play competively, the BB leaves no mark (like paint) I resume?

7. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

Its a honor system... besicly if someone cheats no one says anything but people just kinda stop playing with him:p alot of it is teams... so it is a honor system most people obay it those who dont dont last long:]

Cheers

8. or you can have organized play, with a ref, as paintball fields, including my own usually have...go into paintball instead, airsoft people, go to my post to whine about me saying that :D i will surely prove everything you say wrong, besides, paintball leaves more paint behind, making it far easier to ref

9. has anyone shot the KWC Caspian .45s?
    Looks like a nice gun for the price, but i dont know...

also...guapo...why are you so rude?

10. YAY

alright, I started out with a Smith and Wesson 5045. Good gun, good accuacy, good looks, 280 fps - $40

Get some goggles and go shoot people!

ok, its not that big in the US yet, i hear its pretty big in Russia though...

11. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    its insane in russia... and its 100x better then US ever be... i mean they play at like old battle fields where ww2 battles took place... like a house still damaged by ww2 and stuff... i've seen video of people playing in some ruins of this monestery that had like battle around it and was never rebuilt... very cool :]

people running around with like granades and guns and missle launchers... its great:p

Cheers

12. I was a huge airsoft player but i lost interest. I think people who start playing are into the realism but when you get out on a field that aspect diminishes. Everyone has 600 bbs in one magazine and they just spray everywhere they see movement. Even though most people play by the honor system truthfuly, some don't and that destroys the game. The AEGs shoot about 10 bbs in one second :eek: so i found that just GBB ( gas blow back pistols ) only were the most fun with a few buddies.

13. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    I shoot AirSoft for the recreational value of it. Bought a nice GBB Desert Eagle - the new version from Tokyo Marui - and it just plain feels good to shoot. It is fun and relieves stress. I'm not very serious about skirmishing and these things. I shoot it in the basement (dungeon) of our house, having set up some targets and things.
    Good fun. That's what is in it for me.

14. I have a GBB of some sort. It is fun to go to a park in the middle of the night with friends and shoot each other, actually going to fields is not that fun, its just expensive.

Usually, the person who yells "OW!" is out.

15. They do make paint airsoft BBs now if people don't trust the honor system.

16. yeah, but the hop ups break em alot.

17. My friend and I were thinking of starting to get into airsoft. It would cost alot I know, but once we have some guns, he has an awesome place to play, his woods or his father's shop (where he runs his bussiness) it is a big place with some good cover spots, but paint ball is way out the question, that is why we thought...airsoft.

18. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Well acctually doing it with buddies is way to go... way i play is... most of people that go to field i goto i kinda know so it makes it more fun and trash talking with out harm... and i trust those guys doing cheat:] so def i'd say if starting start with friends:]

they use me as shield cuz i am fatass:(((( not fair... but i guess thats realism for you:p

Its not really realism but way to have fun... paint ball is not as acurate

About 600bbs... yes and no... i use around 130mags and i dont fill em up too much cuz 600bb JAM ALOT!!! way to go 100bbs a clip with 4 clips:] more fun... i laugh when i shoot people with 600bb mags when it jams and they got no replace em:p

Cheers

19. I've always wanted to get into it, cause its like going to a real battle except you don't die, but I can't for these reasons:

1. I have no money

2. No friends play it

Steyr AUGs look like such cool guns too :(