Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Im interested in purchasing a warwick.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lowend4s, Jan 14, 2002.

1. Lowend4s

Lowend4s

Jan 2, 2001
    I plan on saving around 1500$

any suggestions on a good warwick for this price?

2. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    check out used man - i scored my 98 SSII 5 string for that much, and it's exactly like brand new.

jason

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I'll second what Warwick5S said. You can get great deals on used Warwicks.

4. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Yeah id try ebay for that! You might get somthing really cool!

5. mthoople

mthoople

Nov 1, 2001
    Denver, CO
  6. Is it important to you for the bass to balance well on a strap? If so, consider the Corvettes. You could definitely get a good Warwick on eBay for less than $1500, so happy hunting.:)

7. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    You could do better on e-bay price wise, but you could still buy a new one under warrantee in retail. Depends on which model you want.

8. I should go for the Warwick F.N.A. Jazzman 5 :p

huh what ? oh yeah.. I have got the Warwick F.N.A. 5 :D

9. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Hey Lowend4s, I just private messaged you..

10. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    That's a great price on the Thumb BO 5 (the link in the middle). I haven't seen a deal like that one for a long time. If it's 1998, it may have a wenge neck, which would be great to have.

11. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Jan 7, 2002
    I own a Thumb 4 neckthrough, but i would love to get my hands on this Thumb 5 BO :)

12. Flatwound4

Flatwound4

Nov 28, 2001
    Try out the Fortress One if you get the opportunity It costs about $1200 new and it sounds great. It balances really well too.

13. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    A used Warwick FNA five string ,it has blemishes on it ,but the price is good.

14. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Jan 7, 2002
  15. farboozle

farboozle

Apr 18, 2000
    Fairfax VA
    I'll throw my vote in for a corvette proline. They've got great balance, and a sound like voices of angels . . . Big angels, with low voices. New they run 1400, I don't know if you'll find one used cause they're not a real popular model (overlooked in my opinion)

16. When bying any Bass its a good idea to find one that suites the music you are playing, also what you are going to play it through. I have a Thumb B.O and it sounds differant through my two set ups. the Jazzman has the best overall selection of sounds. Its all down to you, they are all top notch.

17. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    My 96 Streamer Stage I just arrived today. Gawd, I thought my L2000 had balls. This dude is a tone monster!! Balance is great. Very happy so far, just need to put some hours on it now.
    Doc

18. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Doc, does it have Basslines or MECs?

19. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    It's got MECs. They are extremely hot. I'm running my level on my amp at a third less than my Stingrays and still getting more volume.
    Doc