I'm kind of a beginner, listen to my old stuff.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Obsolex, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Ok, i've been playing for 3 years now, and havn't recorded mch new stuff, probably 5 new things for the past two years. Just wanna give you guys some old crappy stuff to listen to. http://www.gamingshack.net/soto/MyAudioPage.htm Like I said, this was from the day i started, to about my 1 year mark or a little less. thanks, _-soto-_, oh and please don't bag on me, i know just about all of you in here are better than me, listen to Loong Solo... _-soto-_
  2. Fleckbass211

Mar 20, 2003
    My Room
    woah dude, heres something cool.

I am young, been playing less than a year.
    I use the ibanez gsr 200, and a crappy bass amp.

ill have a pic up. ill put some stuff but you were most likely better than me then.
  3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Not bad; it's fairly interesting and shows a lot of endurance.
  4. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    To me, it doesn't display an awful lot of skill. Sorry. It doesn't show a good sense of timing, you're getting a fair bit of ringing (you're not damping the other strings), and you don't have particularly great consistency of tone/volume. You're playing some pretty quick stuff there - but I think maybe you were trying to run before you could walk?

But like you say, that was a couple of years ago - would you like to post some more recent recordings?
  5. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Yeah dude, for sure, I really want to get a Digital Recorder first. It would sound a lot better, I am still playing with my SWR LA-15 100watt combo, which kinda sucks, but it'll do me well until I start playing with people more (i'm almost 16). But I have like 150 now, and then i'de buy a 300 dollar recorder, or less, and then like 35-40 for strings, so i'll record some new stuff pretty soon. I hate recording on a 12 dollar computer mic :bawl: :bawl:. Oh well, soon enough... _-soto-_
  6. Why does it say they were recorded april,2003? its only 10 days into april so it could only be a few days old.

Edit- DOH!! Im an idiot, the dates I was seeing were the dates they were downloaded. Sorry about that.
  7. It seems as you've only been practicing slap... And it seems as if you're lacking the ability to play in time... as well as playing innovative stuff... In my ears it's all boring... However keep rocking and you might get better... Regarding slap I aint better myself, but then again I hardly ever play slap...
  8. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    lol! Busted!!

But where does it say that on the site?
  9. I downloaded the song and the title of the song was april, 2003. No exact date just the name was april, 2003
  10. How can you have such chops and know how to slap if the recordings are from the day you started to the one year point? The day I started I had no clue what to do with the bass.

'The plot thickens'
  11. Hey Obsolex, there's nothing wrong if it was just recorded recently. None of us are gonna try and steal your gig or anything.
  12. Gwad! you are that dude I always hear playing the basses at GC, aren't you??.:bawl:.... your slap happy pappy.....:rolleyes: