Im leaving.. for a week.. Im really ..just.. depressed right now.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stupidnick, May 3, 2003.

1. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    First off... Im not venting.. I just want everyone to know im taking a week off of talkbass.. to think about my life..

okay.. so the night started.. i was happy.. and i quit oblivious finally..
    tonight was the last straw.
    Well jay im'd me up.. "katie doesn't like you" why is he bringing up my personal life?
    Hes really immature like that.
    *sigh* I found out that Katie doesn't like me like that. I mean.. its not a super huge deal. It just kinda hurts a little bit. I didn't LOVE HER. .or anything. I wasn't attached. Well i guess we are going to prom now as friends. Thats okay.

I just need some cigerettes really bad right now.
    Ive also.. lost some friends tonight, because I quit oblivious. Oh well, I just feel really lonesome.

I dunno what to think right now. Im just gonna go away for a bit. See yall in a week maybe.
  2. Gramps, I think you need new glasses and to shave your head. You'll feel like a whole new person 'cause no one will recognize you and you can start from scratch...heh heh...
  3. hope all turns out well, bro. i'll be waiting to see how your week was!:)
  4. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I have to say this: if you have to take a short sabitical, have fun, n get it all cleared up!

But, to turn into the ass now:
    We all go through these things, it's called being human. Learning to deal with them n still have a good life is essential (at least, this is what I've found). Life isnt always easy, nor fair. Quite the opposite actually. We've all lost friends, hell, I've pretty much lost all mine, 'cept a few I have online, but that's fine by me, because I can get along like that. Now, maybe you're a people person and need your friends, if that's so, start talking to people you never thought you'd talk to before. I've met some pretty interesting people (who are now friends of mine) by going through times like these. Another thing is, I think that this is a way for life to say hey, look, these are your real friends, they're the ones who are going to stick up for and with you, and those who left you, forget 'em. I hate to come off an ass, but I hate it when people are pubicly depressed, cos they're just begging for attention, and I also hate it because being depressed over losing a few friends, and the girl you (to quote) didn't love, well, unless you have few friends to start out with, is no big deal, and I say get over it, and show those assholes you're a better person than going into a "depression" over it, throw it back in their face! Rant done.

I'm sorry to come off like an ass like that, and I really do wish you the best of luck, and hope that you get through everything! But, as I said, try talking to those people still with you, your closest friends and such, they'll help you more than you can imagine.

Just my thoughts though! Good luck n best wishes!!

5. Thats cool man, Everyone has to take a break every once and awhile to just well, figure out what the hell is going on. I know ive had to do it a few times. We hope to see you soon. Peace

Oh yea almost forgot *takes cigarette out of chest pocket* Cigarette?
  6. You are soooooo emo.

We all have our groin-kicking days along with our groin-grabbing days. I hope everything works out, and good luck with quitting.

If ya ever need anything, I'm here. And a buncha other people as well.

Take care.
  7. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...

well .. im doing a bit better.. Im at my aunts in Huntsville Alabama right now.
    My main thing was.. that i was going on vacation period. But this happened, it gave me a better reason to get away.

I was sposed to goto prom with katie. I dunno know. She has to "talk to me about that" oh welll.. what happens happens. Everything happens for a reason.

Btw.. Bad habit. No offence taken man. I understand. Im not bitching about life or anything. I was jut.. kinda.. ya know.. wow.. this sucks. Yall guys are my family. Just lettin you know i wont be here for the next week. Which i wont have computer access till next sunday prolly.

Well im gonna go yall.. Thanks alot for the caring. When people let you down. You always have close friends and family. Ive been showed that today and last night more than ever. I love you guys..
  8. Think Teddy Bears, Nick.

This won't hurt a bit.
  9. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I like your new avatar, I really dig the WHAT THE HELL?

I mean, I like the band, but TATTOOS NOW?
    (I'm never, ever going to let it die.....ever.)
  10. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Glad there's no hard feelings man! We all here hope to hear from you soon though, and wish you the best of luck! Take it easy, and get it all sorted out, so nothing comes back n bites you in the...ahem.

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

That wasn't a week ;)

I've tried it dude, Talkbass is like crack, you can't quit it, you are hooked.

About your personal problems, you could look at it in a few ways. You could say it's destiny (if you believe in destiny) maybe it wasn't meant to be. Maybe she'll change her mind one day, don't hold your breath though. Or just shrug it off, things will get better. Good luck.
  12. I know, just look at the thread I made saying I was gonna leave, I lasted about 2 hours.
  13. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    I hate to be the one who breaks it to you but it's an internet BBS. Sometimes one posts, sometimes one lurks and sometimes one doesnt. It's no biggie.

Talkbass has been responsible for getting me back into bass, finding me a teacher and making at least one friend (you know real ones you meet). It's still an internet BBS.

Foxy-Life throws some googley's at you sometime, you get back up and start again. The haircut idea isn't bad you know.

Take care and get yourself sorted.
  14. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    I am sorry to hear that Nick, PM or e-mail me if you need to talk.
  15. My friends said it wasn't a permanent marker. They lied. :mad:
  16. hey sweetie....
    i just PMed you i think, but i can't relaly remember...
    i hope you're doing okay...i really hate it when yer sad..anyways PM me if you because its healthy. and we all would rather smile then go to teh weight room right!?
  17. my theory is that if you make a thread telling people your leaving for ____ amount of time, if you have access to a computer in that time, you cannot help but to check your post to see what people are saying about you, and then you end up getting caught up in it and start posting in the other threads and voila! your back.
  18. Wow, Foxy_grandpa is a ladies man!
  19. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...

It was almost a week.. 6 days..!!!

thats cause i didn't have a computer..

IM completly happy right now..and naked!

Yes.. i am NAKED!

I feel great.. with some friends and went bowling naked; and did stupid stuff we saw off CKY.
    I reflected though.. seriously..

I um thought about life and all.
    In the past 2 months, ive MADE IT.
    I have made it, where ive always wanted to in the musical world. Where'as.. the phone is always ringing for a gig ;)
    My new band is going great. We have 10 originals that we are still tweaking. We are fixing to go in the studio and play a hell of alot of shows this summer.
    Ive made prolly 10 or 11 friends in the past 2 months and have been hanging around, being cool, or at least trying. Ive changed my life. Ive learned not to hold grudges against people as much as I did.
    Im deffinitly more laid back without the help of drugs. ;) Im single, but at least i can flirt. I plan to do that alot this summer.
    Ive gotta good band, with a killer bassist up in the rhythms section. He can make slapping on a P bass sound good ;) Which he doesn't do alot of, but the past month or so, we've locked in and bonded. Its been great playing with those guys. They are alot older than me, in there late 20s and 30s. Im looking foward to the gigging.
    Well its 11:30 and im off to bed.. See you guys tommorow.. Thanks alot ;)