Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm listening to limp bizkit.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mike Money, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    And really... its not THAT bad... the lyrics are amusing... and its groovy. their drummer is bad ass.

2. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    Why anyone would listen to those guys is beyond me but I'm glad you like it.

I saw them play a couple songs live years ago and they were so incredibly bad (musician wise-all their bass "player" was good at was making goofy faces), I was laughing so hard and wondered how those guys got a deal.

3. I'm sorry.

If you wiggle your hands or feet the ropes should loosen enough for you to un-tie yourself, then you can change the cd.

Good luck.

:D

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Durst is too much for me to tolerate them. The band is good... but Durst... the low growly to the high whiney is a joke.

5. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I think musically, they could be a decent hard rock band if they got rid of Durst and DJ What's-His-Name (Lethal, IIRC)? Oh well... I guess the others like what they play. To me, it seems like Durst is holding the musicians back.

6. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Say what you want about Durst, Significant Other was one of two great discs to come out of Nu-metal. HedP.E.'s Broke was the other.

Both were the height of both band's creavity and their most original discs.

7. Gomez

Gomez Live from the Shire

Apr 15, 2005
    Stop that.

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I kinda sorta liked HedPE's "Broke" album. The guy had a unique voice, and the band clearly really listened to hip hop because they had the sound down. I think the last Hip Hop album Limp Bizkit listened to was Run DMCs raising hell... which is a good album, but hip hop has evolved since then.

9. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Broke was the album I was thinking of.

10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    A friend of mine is dating fred durst. It's interesting because, now, when she's around, or when I talk to her, suddenly seemingly out of no where there emerges troves of die-hard limp bizkit fans. Or at the very least, it changes the reaction most non-fans of the band from "they suck!!" to "actually they have their issues and I don't particularly like their song writing but they are a decent band on the whole"

Funny how that works.

11. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    I agree that if they got rid of Fred and DJ Lethal, there is a good band in there. I don't think they could get out of LB's shadow of sucking b**ls, so they would have to keep there names secret and just release a good record to get people's trust and respect.

12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I guess their first album was a punkish type album, they quickly switched over to rap metal when it became popular/profitable.

13. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    The drummer is kickass indeed.

14. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    There was a similar sound on their earlier albums, but they took a decidedly Nu approach to Broke.

15. 1 + The band isn't that bad but Durst...well you know what i mean.. :meh:

16. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Isint Fred a Tattoo Artist?

17. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I think your Limp Biskit bashing is about.. three years out of fashion.. mkay?

18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Well... you'd better let Mike know that liking Limp Bizkit is four years out of fashion.

19. The bass player and drummer should find another band.

20. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    Saying a band sucks is never out of fashion. It's the truth.