1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I'm looking @ a MM 5 string on CL. is this a deal?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by brumshine, Mar 12, 2013.

1. brumshine

brumshine

Apr 27, 2012
    What's y'alls opinion on this? Pretty vague but I thought the price sounded pretty good for a MM.

Music Man Five String Bass - $650
    Five yrs old. Black. Perfect condition. Black hard shell case included. Sounds great.

2. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Depends - if it's an SR5 or Sterling 5, and doesn't have issues, then it's a great deal... and an OK deal if it's one of the older MIA SUB 5s, and in great shape... BUT, if it's ANY of the imports or an OLP, it's a crappy deal, and not worth it...

- georgestrings

3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    That's a nice deal but I would thoroughly check it out because it's below market value.

4. ^^^ All of the above. IMHO, no pics + terse, barebones description = red flags.

5. Check it real well to make sure its not a fake.

6. brumshine

brumshine

Apr 27, 2012
    Thanks experts! If it plays and sounds great I'm going to jump on it, I've been waiting a few years to step up from my OLPs that I currently play.

7. brumshine

brumshine

Apr 27, 2012
    I've played enough OLPs and then the real ones at guitar center I think I could tell if was a fake or not. I'll have to go with my gut when I go check it out. If I score it, I'll post some pics for you guys.

8. brumshine

brumshine

Apr 27, 2012
    Some one snagged it. I talked to the guy and it really seemed ligit, he owed money for taxes and needed to unload it fast. Someone beat me to it and drove 300 miles to come get it....

9. link the CL add