im looking for a bass tech!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by handlax14, Sep 8, 2002.

1. handlax14

Aug 13, 2002
    im looking for someonewho knows what they are talking about and can help me figure out how to do some of the modifacations i want to do. I have a yamaha rbx260 and though it is a very cheap and entry level bass ive never played ne thing that i liked the feel of better in my life. im looking to add a carvin HB4 humbucking pickup(ill have to rout a place for this) and replave my neck p with a semour dunkan. i was also thinking of adding active electronics but i dont know if the unit will fit in my bass. my questions lie in the wiring and such. id apreciate ne help i can get.

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

This might be better suited in the Setup forum, or maybe Pickups.

I suggest you read every review you can on that Carvin humbucker before you spend $$$ on it. Most people don't like it.
  3. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    I ain't a bass tech, but...

I've got a 260F (fretless version). Great players, aren't they? :)

There is very little room in the control cavity. Without some
    serious routing, you're best bet may be a Raven Labs active
    P retrofit ( click ) if you're set on going active.

A DiMarzio Split P and a Gotoh bridge made a WORLD of
    difference on mine, vs the stock pup and bridge. The Gotoh is
    a straight drop-in and can be had for around $20 from Warmoth.
  4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    off to pickups we go. good luck. :)
  5. Try a stacked humbucker before you splash out on the Carvin and the extra bodywork required. A powerful passive stacked humbucker would give your instrument a real boost without requiring extensive routing.
  6. handlax14

Aug 13, 2002
    where could i find a stacked humbucker? and is ther ene thing else i should know about them? also im going to have to route a space for a bridge pickup ne ways