I'm looking for a certain pedal...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DryWater'Bass, Mar 7, 2004.

1. OK, I'm looking for a pedal, it's used with guitar pedals so that you don't have a weak bottom end...It's not an effect, since it doesn't colour your sound, but it is used with effects....So if it need be moved...Please move it.
  2. well, i think you might need a mixer, with one line unaffected, or at least without the guitar effects, and another with, you can pick up a behringer with 8 inputs i think for 50 bucks or you can look at ART who makes a two mono input mixer for 25 dollars, and that should help, of if you did want a pedal, i would guess you could get an eq pedal at the end of your chain to give a bass boost. i'm not sure about that one, but the logic makes sense!
    good luck,
  3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    You seem to be referring to a true-bypass loop pedal. I suggest checking out www.loooper.com. Thats three "o"s.
  4. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

I'll pass on an option that was originally suggested to me by Steve Lawson on this board (got to give credit where it's due):

Boss LS-2 line selector

It's basically a 2-channel mixer in pedal format. It has several modes (A-B selector, A+B mode, etc.) and allows you to adjust the levels of the loops (2 loops). I use it with a cheap Zoom multieffect that I have fun with but it sucks out the low end. I mix the effected output with the uneffected output to retain low end while messing around with effects.

I also used a true bypass pedal with this unit but all that did was keep it from sucking tone when I wasn't using effects - it still sucked out the bottom end when I was using the effects.
  5. My bass in your

My bass in your

Nov 1, 2003
  6. The pedal I'm looking for isn't a line selector...It's built for bassists who wanna use guitar FX with their bass(And usually suiffer form lost low end)...It sends only the highs out of the FX jack, which go to the pedals....Then you plug back through it, and it re supplies your lo-end.
  7. So you're looking for a cross over that will loop the high end. or a mixer (Line selector) with a high pass filter on the loop that has the guitar FXs.

but is there such a thing in a single unit?
  8. What I'm trying to tell you is it has been done, there was a company selling them...But I can't remember the name of the pedal or the address, just the fact that it's available...There was a thread, but I've not found anything through search...So my search continues.
  9. I built my own. Not too complicated...

But, that boss line/loop selector pedal let's you control the wet/dry blend of whatever effect you have plugged into one of the loops, too... doesn't it? That'll do the trick. ;)

~ Charlie
  10. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
  11. THAT'S the pedal I was looking for, Tecx you're the Man!...The last time I saw it was a long time ago, and I couldn't remember the name of the pesal...but that's the one I was lokin for...Thanks much!!!