Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i'm looking for a effect that can...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by motherfunker, May 11, 2005.

1. motherfunker

motherfunker

Apr 29, 2002
    New York
    ...give me the sound--or a sound similar to--that of a Roland TB303. i was looking around online but i value your opinions more. thanks :D

2. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    You mean the ultra hich frquency filter noise, right? Or is there another sound you have in mind. Can you give any examples of the sound your looking for?

3. motherfunker

motherfunker

Apr 29, 2002
    New York
    the squelchy "acid techno" sound. i'm not big on terminology, but i was refering to the sound you get when you turn up the filter cut and turn down the pitch.....i hope that makes sense. :meh:

4. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    most envelope filters will give you that squelch sound.
    I know my deep impact can do it- but you have quite limited control over the way the filter opens, so you won't be able to emulate the peaks and warbles of a 303.
    I used to have a korg g5 which enabled you to control the filter with a seperate expression pedal. This is the closest thing I can think of off hand.

A combination of other things may help you- I'm pretty sure a synth- wah- fuzz combination would get you close the sound you're after. Hope I'm not pointing you in the wrong direction- I'd really need to hear a song with the sound you're after to give you more accurate advice.
    Tom