Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

im looking for a good five string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassman2003, Jan 11, 2001.

1. im looking for a good five string for under $1,000. i appreciate the help thanks.

2. bassguy187

bassguy187

Jun 27, 2000
    Nazo, PA
    well the best five string u can buy is a musicman stingray 5
    hands down,
    check it out at, http://www.ernieball.com
    have a nice day

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The Stingray 5 is certainly nice, but not the best you can buy, and it is not under $1000 either, unless you find a used one.

Used is the best way to go, you get way more bang for your buck.

But if you insist on new, in your price range, I would look at the G&L L2500(you can get them for that price at http://www.bassnw.com :)), Warwick Streamer standard, Carvin LB75 or BB75, Yamaha RBX765A, Ibanez BTB, there are tons more under $1000. The G&L if you buy it online is the best for this price range, near $1000.

Slightly over $1000, you could get the aforementioned Stingray, the Fender Roscoe Beck, the Fender American Deluxe Precision, the Peavey Cirrus, Peavey Millenium Plus, Peavey G Bass, Warwick Corvette, many more.

4. LowfreqB

LowfreqB

Nov 10, 2000
    United States
    Hey hey hey embellisher You just have to look around for the deals. I got my Stingray 5 for a small $945.00 They tend to go from $750-$950 used for the the 1993 year models and afterward. Any more and you are getting hosed. Try ebay or if your in southern California USA try music.recycler.com for classifieds.

Bassman stay away from the yamaha section unless its the nathan east model. I dont think any other bass they make cuts thru very well, and the upper frets are hard to reach.

Try to find a used Fender jazz 5, or warwick vette. I would choose the warwick first due to my taste in punchy growly sounds. Both play well in my hands. old Jazz paint jobs look super cool too.

5. Bernie

Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    Im selling my RB-5.Its dead mint and BP Mag says its the best passive 5 on the market.Good luck!