Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm looking for a new rig.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Shearstown, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Shearstown

Shearstown

Oct 15, 2005
    I'm looking for a new head and cab that will be great for rock with a good slap tone and useful for other kinda funky basslines. Thing is, I don't want it to be too warm I want it to show the growl of my current Fender jazz and hopefully future Stingray and Rick. Needs to have strong lows but I play alot of highs so they need to be quite clear.

Amp genies... commence reccommendations.

2. Whats your budget?

How loud do you need to be? (What kind of gigs and with what instruments, how loud is your drummer, how large are the rooms and how much PA support do you have?)

3. Shearstown

Shearstown

Oct 15, 2005
    I'm looking at maybe 450 watts or more, but 450 is the minimum. I'm not opposed to used gear so budget is alright. I play anywhere from large gymnasiums to rec centre size buildings. Drummer's not too bad. and usually P.A support is very good to me.

4. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I've recently purchased an SWR WorkingPro 700 and a 4 ohm Avatar b410 Neo. I play the same exact style that you mentioned and I love this setup. It works great and I would recommend it to anyone!

5. mactac

mactac Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    i have an eden410xlt for trade or sale if you're interested...