1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Im looking for jazz blues...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by cire113, Oct 11, 2010.

1. cire113

cire113

Apr 25, 2008
    I'm looking for good old school jazz blues..

Im obsessed with this progression.. anyone have any EPIC songs that follow this format? Im mainly trying to listen for new walking bass and solo ideas

U know stuff like this

2. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
    "Night Train" CD - Oscar Peterson Trio with Ray Brown on bass. All jazz blues played by one of the great walking bass masters.

3. HeadyVan Halen

HeadyVan Halen

Jun 11, 2010
    You mean the:
    I-IV-I-I-IV-IV-I-Major VI-II-V-I-Major VI-II-V-I

or in other words in the Key of 'A' would look like:
    A-D-A-A-D-D-A-F#-B-E-A-F#-B-E-A (the last 5 changes are the 'turnaround', or the bounce, how we call it)

Hope that helps somewhat?!? There are so many Jazz Standards with this change it's too hard to list..."All Blues" in Bb...Miles Davis

I have a couple of youtube videos on this...type coachg1000 in there, and I'll completely baffle you with my lack of skill...

4. cire113

cire113

Apr 25, 2008
    im starting to learn jazz someone told me to just play jazz blues, rhythm changes, and autumn leaves for a while....

Ive been playing variations of these songs for months now and still not bored lol

5. HeadyVan Halen

HeadyVan Halen

Jun 11, 2010
    "Summertime" (Summertime, and the livin's easyyyy...) is a great song..Not real 12 bar Jazz Blues, but it has elements of it. It's really simple and fun to play...The Sublime version ain't bad either..slighty different however..:D