I'm looking for new reasons to hate Metallica

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by CharlesAlbright, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Should die (not really)

14 vote(s)
  2. Suck

18 vote(s)
  3. Good

25 vote(s)
  4. God

11 vote(s)
  1. If you hate metallica, then tell me why because my reasons are getting old. I have an arguement every day in science class about who is better, Metallica or any other band in the world.
    Heres my reasons:

1)Jason Newstead only plays a total of 5 notes
    2)Lars has 60 cimbals (I don't know how to spell it) and only uses 6
    3)NAPSTER!!!!! thats all i have to say!
    4)All of Kirk Hammet's solos are half steps and everyone thinks he's GOD! :mad:
    5)Their lead singer (cant remember his name) is a ****. He wouldn't let Jason go to another band, while metatllica was taking another break, and still be in metallica (that didn't make any sense, sorry) so he quit :)
    6)Lars has a pair of double bass pedals and plays as fast as I can on a single bass

Message from Moderator: Profanity is not tolerated here. Please refrain from using it in your posts.
  2. BassistJ

Mar 20, 2001
    Hemet, CA USA
    Why would you want MORE reasons to hate a band you obviously dislike? Sounds like an exercise in futility to me.
  3. You need a more creative method of directing your anger, try to see if you an make a drug that makes Metallica's music cancerous then deploying it into the o-zone.
  4. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Hetfield's back in rehab.
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I don't hate Metallica, but for fans of their older music, their most recent releases are a good place to start.
  6. Lars Ulrich stands up while playing so he gets noticed.

7. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Wow, this was your first post? Impressive start, I must say. Full throttle!
  8. I voted good, I like their earlier stuff, but I sure wouldn't vote God.

I don't know their new stuff, is Jason Newsted their current bassist? I don't really know his bass lines, but if five notes works, what's wrong with that? Five note bass lines aren't bad, bad five note bass lines are bad.

As for napster, what's wrong with wanted to protect their stuff? I applaud them for taking a stance on this, even if it means losing popularity.
  9. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Howz this for a reason?: They're doing a collab with Ja Rule AND they're letting Swizz Beats (hip hop producer) produce a song on the new album. :eek:
  10. Well i have been a fan of Metllicas music for many years. Jason plays more the 7 notes. Jason also is no longer in Metallica they went their seperate ways and he is now in a truly phenomenol band called Echobrain. Lars is a competent drumer. His set he plays now is smaller then in the past but that is due to a changing style of music. The most cymbols he has had with a set was his Artstar set wich had 1 ride 4 crashes 2 sets of hi hats and a chins boy... Definately not 60 cymbols. Kirk Hammet is Extremly talented although He may not always show it with metallica. He has studied under some of the greats. As far as Lars and James's attitudes I really dont like them. I personally believe Jason had and still has about the best attitude you can possibly have when it comes to music and Kirk seems to have a great attitude about it as well. Do Lars and James attitudes make me dislike the music...no. I am not trying to get into any arguments here just had to get that off my chest.
  11. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Hee-hee!!! You got me laughing, Oyster. Thanks!!!

Really, a thread pointing out the positives about a band that you like creates learning for many of us.

I, too, change the station everytime a Metallica song comes on. But, other than that, they never cross my mind. I rather expend the energy on music I like/can learn from.
  12. So now they're hypocritical sellouts

13. I dont think i would agree with that. Who is to say that there is anything wrong with them doing something with Ja-Rule Or who is producing them? I have heard for years that metallica has gradually started selling out since after kill em all. So they changed there sound big deal if all of there albums sounded like kill em all I know i wouldnt listen to them. The best thing about their music is that they are will to chnge it up... When they did S&M it was brilliant that wouldnt have hapened if they didnt "sell out".. what is "selling out" anyway
  14. jvasquez18

Sep 23, 2000
    S.E. 323, 13
    are the rumors true that claypool is filling in while they find a new bassist?
  15. Hasn't this topic been thrashed to death?

If you dont like/hate Metallica, then dont listen to them! Problem solved.:rolleyes:
  16. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    jeezum crow, ja rule is EVERWHERE!

when my bro and friend went to an airport (hour and a half round trip), they heard songs featuring ja rule a total of six times! on the same station.

well at least hetfield isn't trying to rap...well, i hope not.

[asian voice: on]

if what woodchuck says is true, the neptoons and the metallica could be dangerous...

[voice: off]
  17. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    omg that's an offense to all DB castle!! :eek:

i bet you meant double bass PEDAL

18. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Jason is also going to be playing a few dates with Gon't Mule.
  19. I heard rumrs he may be going back to record with vovoid again as well but i am not sure if they are true.
  20. Mellem

Feb 1, 2002
    Greenville, MI
    I personally was never a big Metallica fan, but I'm starting to like them because although their music isn't the hardest to play, it's filled with energy, and it's easy to listen to.

And excuse me! Enter Sandman has 6 notes on bass, not 5! Oh wait, it does only have 5. It's still a good song.