I'm looking for some bass books

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Every1TookMyName, Jun 30, 2001.

1. I've been playing for a year, I have the fundamentals down, and I want to move on. I want a music book that'll further my understanding of bass, and I want something that I can always have with me to check back on... I don't just want to learn the lessons in the book and throw it away. I've heard that Mel Bay's Complete Jazz Bass Book is a great instructional book. Can anyone give me some opinions on what bass book I should buy?

Also, I pretty much play rock and blues, but I don't want to be handcuffed to those genres, so if the book applies to funk, jazz, or country, its fine with me, as long as its a good one. :)
  2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Can anyone give me some opinions on what bass book I should buy?

[comic book guy voice on]

Well, our latest selection includes a special edition of Radioactive Man in which he falls in love with his female alter ego from another universe. Or is it male? I forget. Also, we have a Captain Squid special in which he gets killed on every page. But the best one in my opinion is...

What? You want books on Bass? Best instrument ever! Thise you find in General instruction. And believe me, I wouldn't be this nice if you were a guitarist or -god forbid- a bagpiper.

[comic book guy voice]