1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

I'm looking for some funky knobs

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Crome, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Crome

Crome

May 12, 2018
    Kansas
    Hey!

One of the knobs on my bass is falling apart, and I never really liked them anyway. I want to change the look entirely, but I want something weird. Like, really out there. All I can find just by searching the internet/ebay/reverb or generic knobs. I've attached some photos of my bass (emphasis on the knobs), just because!

Attached Files:

2. Best knobs for metal.

[​IMG]

Crome and catcauphonic like this.
  3. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Dice?
    Miniature Millenium Falcons?
    little rubber ducks?

4. Little rubber duckies would be great. Show us a link and I might buy some. :smug:

Crome and RSBBass like this.
  5. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    Get regular knobs, mini ducks, a utility knife and some glue.

You should also look for old lab gear. I have a bunch of old brass and aluminum set screw knobs from surplus auctions from the local college's science department. Some are square even. I've used them on a few basses.

Matt Liebenau likes this.
  6. You could also try Ace or TruValue. They have knobs in the back with the screws and hardware. Could be what you’re looking for.

7. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    catcauphonic and claudel like this.
  8. Crome

Crome

May 12, 2018
    Kansas
    Perfect! This is very close to the stuff I was looking for. I am still looking for more abstract stuff, and they seem to have either weird colors/patterns or really specific representational stuff. Still would love more recommendations!

9. aldaa

aldaa Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2017
    Alabama
    Get the cheeseburger ones!

Crome and Matt Liebenau like this.
  10. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    They say they are up for custom work, might be worth asking. I've seen some D-Cline Design cast knobs that are pretty much on that page too, and he definitely does custom jobs.

Crome likes this.
  11. Go to thingiverse.com and type in guitar knobs. If you know someone who has a 3D printer they can print them cheap. They have some pretty wild looking types of knobs on there.

BnB

12. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    I just acquired the laser eye cat fuzz pedal from NoiseFX, and I see they have an option to upgrade the black knobs to look like cat treats :laugh: Where they get them made I can't say, but what you're looking for is out there somewhere. Keep seeking and you shall eventually find (then come back and let us know!)

>^..^<

Crome likes this.
  13. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    For Funky knobs you have to go to...

Crome likes this.
  14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 13, 2021