1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I'm looking for sub octave pedal that only distorts the sub signal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mastershake, Jun 28, 2012.

1. mastershake

mastershake

May 12, 2011
    The question is pretty specific, so I understand if there no responses.

2. takfar

takfar

Dec 21, 2008
    Don't know of any pedal that does that by itself. You could certainly do that by splitting and recombining signals with a pedal like the LS-2 and a distortion, too, of course... So that'd be three pedals minimum, for the distorted sub-octave recombined with the clean sound.

3. I'm not aware of any such pedal either. It wouldn't be too hard to create on a pedalboard if you've got the dough. Bass ==> splitter ==> POG2 (set for suboctaves) ==> fuzz. Mix and match the split signals as you prefer.

Three pedals minimum like takfar said.

4. Modifying a Foxrox Octron or Octron2 to add fuzz or distortion to the sub octave channel could do what look for, but other than splitting your signal, I'm not aware of any pedal that can do that right now.

5. tom_ric

tom_ric

Aug 14, 2009
    Israel
    The Pitchfactor has the ability to do distort sub octave and it has a clean blend. Though dirt isn"t what it do best.

6. takfar

takfar

Dec 21, 2008
    that, and if you only want a suboctave, the pitchfactor is some real overkill.

7. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    The boss OC-3 has a distortion thing, but I'm not sure if it only does the sub or not.

8. Dark Barn

Dark Barn

Aug 3, 2010
    Seattle
    Copilot Cubic, the filter and clipping circuits only affect the wet output of the effect. As the guy above me said also the OC-3.

9. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2009
    I think the Ashdown Sub Octave pedal does just what youre looking for and it tracks real well.

10. The meatbox does this if you want it to. The first knob adjusts clean/sub. So keeping that a bit before noon and cranking the two middle knobs does exactly what your talking about.

11. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Endorsed Artist: Myco Pedals
    It IS a bit more money and more complicated setup, but I LOVE my Badger Schism. Parallel Loopers are like the best kept secret from bass players. I mean.....you can do what you want to do....but with ANY pedal/effect you have.

For example, I can run an ODed out bass sound in one loop, and then in the other loop run my signal through a pedal that has a good pitch tracking octave up effect (still looking for this) and then that into a thin synthy OD sound, and what you would hear is a nice fat bassy OD with a thin synthy OD riding on top of it....two distinct sounds. Not one of those mixed up jumbled things that comes out of pedals just linked together. So awesome. But off topic. Sorry.