Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm Looking to Download Jamerson-TypeRemixed Songs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mark Jacobs, May 11, 2001.

1. Mark Jacobs

Mark Jacobs

Dec 16, 2000
    Does anyone here know of any songs that I can buy or download that are remixed with the bass mixed loud and the vocals taken out like the James Jamerson songs found on napster?

Thanks

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Why don't you just get "Standing in the Shadows of Motown", the James Jamerson biography? It contains two CDs with recordings of various Jamerson tunes, with the bass mixed to one side and the rest of the rhythm section to the other, so you can either isolate the bass line or remove it, so you can play along with the rest of the arrangement.

Will C.:cool:

3. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    ...but as good as the collection of players are that played on the Standing in the Shadows cds, they just don't have the soul or the sound Jamerson did. I get really fanatical about Jamerson, so everyone might not be as critical, but when I hear those cds, I pretty much always wind up turning to the original recording.

4. Mark Jacobs

Mark Jacobs

Dec 16, 2000
    Do you think that the Jamerson tracks that I've been downloading under his name aren't him at all? Check them out.

Thanks again