i'm new at bass chat

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by missy51633, Oct 25, 2003.

1. missy51633

Oct 20, 2003
    i'm new at the talk bass ,,place here,,im a lady musician,sing and play piano 4 string precision and a 5 string jazz bass ,,played for 15 year and worked with several bands and have own equipment of a stage,steel guitar,fiddle, acoustic and 2 electric guitars both fenders,play french harp ,,and sing zz top, stevie ray,tina turner madona albert king,60's to 80's rock and 90's do a little country
    right now work with 4 bands and 7 days a week,,bands are hot country,,thunder, fender bender and stark ravin mad
    have not posted a picture but will when i find out where to do so e-mail is in here,also have my own sound equipment,24 chanel boare peavy,4 power amps, 4 monitors,22 mics,and 8 speakers each side and trailor to carry ithave equilisers and stuff.
    not braging just went and got it cause i was tired of being at top of my lungs and still could;nt hear me

so come on guys help me with getting to know every body and learn more bass as i love music,
    from some of the threads i have read all of you seem to be very good and know what you are talking about
    have a nice day missy51633
  2. TravellinMan

Jan 11, 2003
    NW Indiana
    Welcome to the board, I play a 6 string, 5 string, and 4 string Basses! Trying to write original material to record with the new band I am slowly putting together! It's just hard to find and other players that want to play rock n roll and not this Commercial Rock!

Take Care
  3. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    Hey Travellin-ever hear of Lafayette Jeff High School? I'm also an Indiana TBer-5 string BG and upright bass. Welcome to the board.
  4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Sounds like you have alot going on. Welcome to Talk Bass. This site is the coolest!
  5. Welcome Missy. Sounds like you are very busy. I play Fender Jazz, Yamaha 6, and upright, and am a freelancer playing jazz, latin, country, soul, rockabilly and anything else that pays me!
    This place is a great learning tool, just do a search on whatever you want to know about, and you'll find a wealth of material.:bassist:
  6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

How do you pronounce that!!??
  7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome to Talkbass, Missy.:) Careful, this place gets addictive really quick!
  8. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
  9. Missy, it's nice to meet another female bassist!

Welcome to Talkbass. You'll love the site and these guys are great to get to know!

10. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Hi Missy!! Welcome to TalkBass!!

Now, quit stalling and post pics of your gear!!

11. Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    hey welcome missy

i hope you brought your sarcasim with you...:D

12. Welcome, missy. I've found there's lots of great info here and a good deal of BS. Use the search and look for consensus opinions.

BTW, I noticed you listed steel as one of your instruments. You should check my buddy Mark's site out, he has a load of steel stuff there:
  13. Aye!:D
  14. Watch out for Mike Money and Pollybass. They be nutters, I tells ya. :smug: