Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm new here..question about Sadowsky Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Sup!

Um, I was wondering if Sadowsky pickups were any good?

I know their basses are incredible, Newsted uses them.

But you can buy one of their J-Bass pickups for only $130, and I was wondering if they were really good...or just 'eh okay for the price.'

Thanks. ;)

2. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    paging Nino... mister Nino Brown!

he will answer your questions....

P@

3. i dont know about whether or not thet're good pickups, but i know that what is right for Jason Newsted may not be right for everybody.

4. Who? lol

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    If the pick-up's were sub-par (bad), then the basses that are incredible wouldn't sound so great.

I have a set of humcancelling Sadowsky pickup's in a Warmoth bass passive & they sound AWESOME!!!! But one mans awesome is another mans average. :)

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Welcome to TB, Garrett! :)

brad cook

7. Bonafide

Bonafide

Oct 15, 2002
    Most of sadowsky's pickups are made in the R&D Custom shop at Seymour Duncan by Kevin Beller. That is also where they were first developed.
    Kevin makes / designs pickups for Sadowsky, F-Bass's, Zon, NY Bass Works, Lakeland, Fodera, etc. Etc.
    My Point is that Kevin is a genius with Bass pickups and his quality of work is second to none.

8. Yeah it's a pair. Damn I need those! :D