I'm not worthy!

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by nixrick, Aug 12, 2000.

1. nixrick

Aug 12, 2000
    First of all, Michael, i'd like to say that you have been an inspiration to my bass playing. I listen to your records to keep myself humble.

My problem is i'm sort of a garage band level bass player. Sure, i can rip through the old I-IV-V with blues or funk riffs with the best of em, but it doesn't mean i know what im doing. Every time i throw Drastic Measures into the cd player i feel like i've been wasting my time. So i've invested a small fortune (for me) into instruction literature, and im on the lookout for a teacher, so your influence is rubbing off.

I love the sound of the fretless bass that you get, and i wanna make it a part of my sound. I don't know if i should start with a lined fretless, or go whole hog and find an unlined to get started on. Any suggestions or tips?

I've made everybody i know listen to your albums, and they've all loved them, and im the only bass player among us. So we're all out here spreading the good word for you, please keep it up.