Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm now a Lakland Dealer!!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Herm, Feb 12, 2001.

1. I'm now a Lakland Dealer!!

Yup. Just talked to Dan Lakin on the phone, and he asked me why I wasn't selling basses (specifically - his basses). So we talked about it, and decided that I should offer great pricing to Talkbassers who wanted to go with a Lakland bass.

If you need any help deciding which model you want, or if you already know. email me for pricing.

I'm sure I can give you a great deal!!

I think I decided that I'll be adding other manufacturers as well, and give great deals to my fellow Talkbassers as well. Maybe even get a website going. Please email me if you have any ideas!

2. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    and good luck!

Also, thanks a bunch for the cool flats. They work just like I had hoped they would! :)

3. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Congrats, Herm. Let us know what lines you pick up.
    Doc

4. TonyS

TonyS

Dec 13, 1999
    USA
    Herm,
    Hope to talk to ya about a Lakland down the road.

Good Luck with your business.

Tony

5. For you Double Bassers, I also am a Meisel dealer, and can get instruments, as well as cases, and accessories, including strings by Meisel, Corelli, D' Addario, Dr. Thomastik, Kaplan, LaBella, Pirastro, Super-sensitive, Kolstein, and Innovation.

I can get violins, violas, cellos, and their respective accessories, at great prices.

If you need a student package, I can give you a great deal on an instrument, case, bow, rosin, and other accessories too.

Email me with questions and price quotes.

6. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    where is your store? ^^;

DM:

7. so now that you carry lakland, what other basses are you gonna try and carry?

8. <<originally posted by DarkMazda>>

where is your store?

I never had a store of the brick and mortar type. My online string business was strictly a place to order strings that I warehoused. I sell Lakland basses, because I have a very close relationship with Lakland, Being a former employee of theirs, and still associate with them.

Buying a bass from me does not involve a store, I will deal with each and every player that expresses interest in a Lakland (soon to be other manufacturers), via emails, and catalog mailings, and phone calls. Email me if you would like a Lakland catalog.I can offer special pricing for my fellow Talkbassers.

Having dealer accounts set up already with some big distibutors, that carry crap to mid quality basses, and some higher end. And some high end bass manufacturers that do not use distributors, I can currently offer beginner (cheap) basses and accessories.

I can now offer
    Lakland
    Ken Smith
    Pedulla
    Meisel (Double basses, cases, strings, and accessories)

I'll be offering other high end basses soon. I'm working on a website as well.

Thank you for your question.

9. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    get some Zons!! :D *DM Turns in to a ZonBie*

10. Jake15

Jake15

Jan 17, 2001
    USA, PA
    Hey herm,
    Iwas wondering if u could send me a lakeland catalog or if they have a web site what is it?

-----jake

11. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    It's Lakland, not Lakeland, so their homepage resides at www.lakland.com.

12. Jake,

Oysterman already gave you the url, but if you email me your address, I'll mail you an actual catalog and retail price sheet.

13. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Whoo-hoo Herm-man :D It's good to see ya' back in bid'ness.
    Be sure to get yourself a bulletproof (wanker/hacker proof)
    ordering - shipping thang ;) .

14. Thanks, dude.

Yeah, not going to use the merchant credit card service thingy I was before. As you know, that turned out to be a train wreck.

Golldern credit card fraud!

(The preceding statement was much more low key than my actual thoughts, which could not be posted here. After all, this is a family show)