I'm now officially the toughest person I know...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by PanteraFan, Aug 23, 2002.

1. ...seeing as I was just assaulted by five blokes and all they got was my watch!

Went to see Reign Of Fire with my drummer, his girlfriend and a mate, and on the way home was jumped by five guys. I didn't know them, they didn't know me, but I had a Stampin' Ground T-Shirt and some Combat Shorts on, so I deserved it apparently :rolleyes:.

Anyhoo, verbal abuse by them, delay tactics by me, got hit in the eyebrow, I ran, was cut off by three of them and was tripped. Got stamped on for a bit, then surprised them with a nip-up, and backed against a wall. By this time the original two protagonists had caught up with me, and I was basically subjected to 10 arms, 10 legs and 5 heads worth of punishment. And I stayed on my feet. They eventually got bored and ran, taking my watch which had snapped and fallen off in the tripping. Picked up a house brick in case they came back, but retreated to my drummer's mates house, where a hidden camera filmed the whole incident.

Being a Friday night, I'm not gonna see the Police until tomorrow. Anyway, shirt is ripped and I have visible cuts/bruises. Also, I have terrible stomach cramps ;), nausea ;) and headaches ;), warranting a Criminal Compensation claim. All I have to do is see my GP on Tuesday, and refuse to go to Hospital if the Police ask. I should see around three grand in three months, probably more if they take into account psychological damage, my shirt and the nostalgic value of my watch(16th birthday present from sister). New bass gear for me!

And, in conclusion, if I DO see any of them again, then a one on one fight will probably result in them being blind and/or fractured limbs. But five on one is duck-and-cover time for PanteraFan.

Thanks from a bruised metalhead,

2. Hey, if I fly over to Manchester can you beat me up so I can get free cash? That sounds like a sweet deal. On a serious note though, nice job standing up to 5 guys. Hope you eventually catch up to them and give them some karmic payback. Feel better man.
  3. Sorry Pen, I think you have to be a UK tax payer, or be in a family with UK taxpayers to claim. I'll still beat ya up though ;).

Also, Reign Of Fire is a great film IMO.
  4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    oi. glad you're not more seriously impaired from your altercation. who pays the "criminal compensation claim"? their parents? cool.
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Sorry you ot roughed up.

So, your government pays you whenever a crime is committed against your person? Who funds that, the taxpayers?
  6. Damn, 5? I've had 3, and I got royally beaten (pun intended) I'm glad your not in the hospital or anything.

Rock on
  7. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    dang.. thats tough right there

the only fight i've ever been in was about 10 years ago.. it was me against 3 brothers... I didn't get beat up.. I think because collectively I weighed more than all 3 of them combined... but I hate fighting.. it really hurt my feelings to have to hit on those kids like that.. one of them was a year older than I, the other 2 were 2-3 years younger.. it didn't last long.. they moved out of the neighborhood a few months later because the perfect older soon got kicked out of school..

Hope they find the guys that did that to ya man..
  8. Actually, no taxpayer money is involved as far as I know. The capital generated from the auctioning of reclaimed stolen goods is used for it. Cars especially are reclaimed/found, and the parts/scrap is sold to the public at a low price. Everybody wins, the cops get rid of the stuff, the buyer gets useful goods at a low price, and people like myself get cash for being beaten.

P.S. The only problem is that a lot of additional paperwork is involved for the reporting officer, and as a result they don't inform the victim when they take the initial statement. The victim has to state that they want to make a claim, visit hospital or a GP, then fill in the appropriate forms according to the medical form. The officer then has to make sure the medical details fit with the evidence. As a result, most of the avauilable money goes back into the governent's coffers at the end of each tax year.
  9. Well, the only way to find them is for me to pick them out of an identity parade. I don't even know their names.

No, instead I'll take the money and run. If I meet them again, then I'll take the law into my own hands;).
  10. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    They'll be able to indetify the guys from the video film though, won't they?
  11. No, you can't see any faces, it's about 20 feet away.
  12. That's pretty rough, at least you're facing the bright side, optimist. :p :rolleyes:
  13. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Anyone else find this line perversely funny?

Sorry about the punishment you took, though, PF.
  14. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Wow, if I lived in England, I'd have my friends beat the crap out of me on a weekly basis. :D
  15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Just think, if you ever get a job, you can step on a nail and get a worker's comp claim, too! But then again, why get a job if you can make a living getting beat up?

Do you think the taxpayers had new bass gear for you in mind when they passed the law? Don't you need the money to pay medical claims? Are you going to claim mental distress to juice up your claim? It sounds like you're really broken up over losing that watch, too. Are you that damaged that new bass gear is the only thing that will restore your sense of balance?

Why not just prosecute the crap out of the perpetrators?
  16. !. The taxpayers don't pay a penny.

2. The money goes to waste if it isn't claimed.

3. This is the second assault on my person in six months that I had nothing to do with. I think my country owes me a little. Also, the town I live in is currently murder capital of the UK. Look it up, Ashton-Under-Lyne, Lancashire. Seeing also as when my cousin died in a car crash and my uncle got £700 for the psychological damage, I really don't think I'll get anything.

And thanks for the concern Munji. It's not like my rights as a person were infringed or my safety threatened or anything.

17. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Congrats on being the toughest person you know, but I don't recommend refusing medical treatment in exchange for three grand!

Put some ice on that thing and good luck!
  18. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    PANTERA saves your life dude !

A Nsync fan would died in this situation.....