I'm off then....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Dragen, Feb 3, 2001.

1. Dragen

Aug 31, 2000
    After I have written this I leave home.......I have a gig!!!!!!!!!!!My first!!!!400 people!!!!!!.........wish me luck.

Damn, I'm shaking.
  2. Good luck! No! Wait! That's bad luck if you're going on stage!
    Break a leg!
    Break both legs!
    Break an arm, too!
    Well, maybe not an arm...unless you can play one handed. :D
  3. NJXT

Jan 9, 2001
    Lyon, FRANCE
    Wipe them out ... all of them.
  4. Dragen

Aug 31, 2000
    PPUUUUHHHHHHH!!!!!! That was great. Some technical problems, but altogether a blast! The announcer said presented me as Kristin instead of Kristian, which earned him a few glances (Kristian=boyname, Kristin=girlname)

Welll......I guess I should eat before the next......in 2 hours time I think. I love this!!!!!!
  5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Rock the Casbah!

Will C.:cool:
  6. Dragen

Aug 31, 2000
    THAT was really even better. A whole new experience. Since today was my first gigs I expected to be nervous as ****, but I managed to avoid every bit of nervousity. I really liked it up on stage. My life starts today.

There was a peculiar thing on the gig. We played 45 minuts each, 5 different bands. It seemed like I was the only one to have a functional bass. One was duct-taped together (barely) and another (a '75 Fender P) gave it's last tone during the soundcheck. Another one again broke a few strings. They all had to borrow my Fender Jazz Bass. That was quite entertaining since the other bands had a really high standard. One of them is even selling CDs........quite nice.
  7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    congrats on a good experience, dragen
  8. Question asked by a so-called free loading friend: "Dude,am I on the guest list?"
  9. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Kristian, my middle name :cool: