1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I'm pissed off!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by JustOpenYourMind, May 22, 2003.

1. Now I have a f**ing weird problem as you probably know if you read my other thread that my p-bass has one big problem, it don't work :mad: .

So I decided to go see a tech... He plug the bass in and wow, it works perfecly.

Now I come back to my home try the bass thru my 2 amps and it don't work, so I try the same thing with another cable and it don't work either.

Then I notice something when I touch a pick-up polepiece and pluck a string, I can hear it thru my amps.

What is happening:( :confused: ???

I beg you all for help please Help me what is happening I am totally confuse and I love this bass. :(

2. help anyone???:bawl:

3. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    My best guess would be a bad connection in the output jack on your bass, especially if it works intermittently.

4. thank you, so I think I'll go back the music store hoping it won't work there...

5. check the connections with a soldering iron...
    no big deal!

larry:bassist:

6. I just solved my problem: I took the bass apart and re-did all the solderings and tadam! it works

7. :bassist: :cool: