Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm proud of myself.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I'm the laziest person in the world. At times, i am so lazy that I won't get up to go to the bathroom... i will just pee in a sobe bottle if one is handy.

So I somehow managed to drop 15 pounds. I haven't been dieting, no excercise outside of PE... and even then, im not trying to hard.

So how i lost 15 pounds, i dont know... I have been cutting portions, but just for the last week or so...

I'm just happy to be under 200. :p

2. cool stuff dude! whats your unknown secret?lol:p

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I weigh 125 pounds. So I am not proud of you at all.

;)

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    This is where you mention ur 4 foot 9 ;)

5. its probably you getting older, your body changing and growing, and your metabolism changing a bit.

i've actually dropped some weight lately, too. enough so that people are noticing and commenting on my slimming down (which is friggin' weird; i've ALWAYS been the fat kid.)
    weird, weird, weird.

6. It's awesome when your metabolism changes, but make sure to get in the habit of exercising a lot. Otherwise, you'll just gain all that weight back when you hit 20.

I lost 40 pounds when I was 15, going from 185 to 145 in the course of only about six months. Now I'm back up at 195. Of course, I'm also a bunch taller, and I actually have some muscle mass, but still.

7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    And I just figured out most of the chord changes on "sail Away" by enya. I'm so awsome.

8. heh, i beat ya!
    im 6"2'

at the beginning of the summer i weighed 265! yikes!

i now weigh 215!

i really havent worked out any, i just ate less and stopped drinkning soda (cept everynow and then)

my goal is to get < 200

i also just recently (past month) started lifting weights, and i have weight training at school next semester. buffness here i come :D
    sorry to take away from your glory mike, congrats dude!

9. omg I do the pee in bottles thing too! We brother!

10. There's a fIREHOSE song called "Piss-Bottle Man," in honor of Mike Watt's custom of peeing in empty Mountain Dew bottles while on tour.

11. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I've been able to lose some weight this semester by simply running a bit late for classes (there's a reason we call this place "Hills and Stairs University").

12. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I'm 5'11".
    :meh:

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    i know,, i know,, just "yankin your chain" :p

14. I lost like 20 pounds last summer from cutting back on what I eat,and drinking water...I dont look like it though:meh:

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Dang, mang! You must be a beanpole. No offense, you can call me fat if you want.

16. hey embellisher, dont be shy, i noticed you lost weight as well! how much?

or maybe it was all in the hair :D

17. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

17lbs so far. Still have at least 75 to go.:meh:

18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    hmmm....i quit drinkin soda, and lost about 15 pounds rather quickly.....i was pretty excited too......i am down to 302 now.....if i get to 285-290, i will be happy.

-Mike

19. I GAINED 15 lbs in the last 2-3 months. I started at 120 and now am up to 135. Its all muscle too. Someone be proud of me.

20. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    You're not fat, you are fluffy! :D