I'm psyched.... bought my first rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jeff62, Nov 6, 2005.

1. jeff62

jeff62 Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks to the collective knowledge and wisdom shared in these forums I've purchased an Eden WT400 head and an Eden D112XLT cabinet. I was originally hoping to pair the head with an Aguilar GS112 cabinet, but the dealer had both of these units as "new" demo units -- figured I couldn't really go wrong with having a warranty. I can't wait for them to arrive. :bassist:
  2. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    That is an amazing first rig!
  3. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    Sounds like a great first rig, if you get another 12 or whatever you won't have to push one speaker as hard for volume, but 112 should be good for many beginner situations even some medium volume gigs.

I recently got a used wt300 and tried it with the band using only one of my two aggie gs112s. sounded great, but had to watch/llisten how hard I pushed it, then I hooked up the other 12 and let my cares go....eden heads sound great with aggies too!!
  4. jeff62

jeff62 Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks! I'm sure some might scoff at this being a first rig but I'm not a new musician, just a new bass player. Been playing guitar for quite some time and desire good equipment & tone (I use a Mesa Boogie head for guitar). I wanted something that I knew I would be happy with right outta the gate, that I could grow into and gig with. McRelly read my mind exactly -- when I have the opportunity to gig I'll consider adding a second 12" cabinet.