I'm quitting my "drummer"!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by rabid_granny, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Well, for all of you who told me not to join the band...well, you were right. Tomorrow, I'm going to quit my band. Well, not really quit the band but stop playing with the "drummer". I'd like to keep playing with the other two guys - I've started to look for a new drummer but until then I'm going to hunt for another music project. I need to perform...badly...perform badly...heh heh...

2 1/2 months later and my 41 year old, alcoholic, dope dealing (!) "drummer" still can't master 8 formulaic pop songs. It's quite unfortunate that thanks to him, I'll never give a lousy musician (regardless of how nice a person) the benefit of the doubt. Ever.

Okay, you can be smug...starting here. :spit:
  2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Exactly, you are doing the right thing.
  3. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    My brother used to play in a band with a drug dealer playin the drums ..

It was quite good because he had a TAMA super star and a Pearl high series ...
    A lot of cymbals and so on ...

Ok, the bad point, he was an hero addict ... :rolleyes:
  4. you know what this calls for....

move to seattle and start a grunge band. ;)
  5. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    A band can't groove if the bassist can't mesh with the drummer. YOu made the right decision. When you find a drummer you can groove with, your bass playing will soar. Good luck on your next project.
  6. i'd rather have a good drummer than a good guitarist.
  7. Hmmm...now that I'm not working at Coke (contract expired - yay!), I'm not near a computer at all. It's weird not being on Talkbass every hour - now every other day, maybe.

Anyways...I've put an ad in the local paper despite there being 20 other drummer wanted ads. Surprising, I've gotten about 6 calls about it in less than a week. Some never bothered to call back (when they said they would) and some are checking out demo songs that I posted online. No takers yet but the fact that there have been responses to my ad has really gotten my spirits up:

"Melodic pop-rock band seeks drummer. Friendly, collaborative environment. Nick XXX-XXXX."