I'm really frustrated....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tronictq, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Tronictq

Jan 23, 2001
    Fellow talkbassers...... i just can't get the discipline to sit down and practice past 2 hours a day! And it really frustrates me because it is limiting my progression.

ANY ideas?

2. my secret is...
    i have no social life at all. everyone hates me, and i hate them. you wouldn't believe how much time it frees up to just be a total loser.
    but seriously...try to find some new material to work with. if you hear a good bassline in a song; learn it and play around with it. dive into some new stuff that you wouldn't normally think of looking into. you have to find what inspires you! good luck!
  3. Get a teacher. He or she will give you some stuff to do.
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Its not about how much time you spend...its about the quality of the time...what you put into the time.

I second getting a teacher, because they will give you excersises and such and make those 2 hours worth much much more.

if you can't afford a teacher, or can't find one, then search the general instruction forums, and try and find some lessons online...its not the best but it will help.
  5. if you can't get a teacher try this lesson by jazzbo

bass lesson
  6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    teacher is the way to go (for me)

Recently I have all these things to do and I never have time to practice at home like I used to...

then I entered some music school here in town (that was 5 months ago) and even though I dont play at home, Im playing 2 hours on tuesday and 2 hours at friday with a teacher by my side...

there will be a demo recorded by me and some other random students from the guitar and drum sections (as in a group toghether) and hopefully you all will be hear here :)

I reduced my playing time but also increased the quality of it and also im meeting most of the musical scene on town.

so yeah, getting a teacher will "force" you to not miss a practice time
  7. Tronictq

Jan 23, 2001
    Actually, I have 2 teachers. I am in 2 orchestras, youth orchestras of course, as well. And i am in a band.

I guess i don't feel fulfilled at the end of playing everything with either orchestras.... i just want to keep going and no one else does. I love playing wiht others, it's the by myself I can't handle. Unfortunately where I am there is no one to share this with,

I don't knwo... make any sense to anyone? So it is really frustrating to me I guess, not being able to play with anyone that loves music how I do. So it makes it even harder to spend time by myself, almost looks pointless.

8. I have the same trouble...all I basically do is fuss around for 10-15 minutes,and then just go over what i learned already...

Can you guys gimme some easy to hear,easy to play,cool sounding basslines? I'd really appreciate it..layter

9. Are those teachers personal teachers? Or just ones you work with, but don't actually sit down with one-on-one with? Cause you need a personal teacher to break down every aspect of your playing.
  10. Tronictq

Jan 23, 2001
    Both are one-on-one.

one i go with for 30 minutes. The other usually 60-90 minutes.

I used to have another teacher i'd spend up to 2 - 3 hours with. More of a friend/mentor than anything. He really inspired me, but he moved away :(

I've kind of been in a null since then