1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I'm really, really stupid.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Thunderbird91, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Tonight I did one of the dumbest things I've ever done.

I was with at my friends house and my other friend had alcohol. We couldn't drink where we were, so we decided to go somewhere. We drove and on the way, I drank probably 5 or 6 sips (of Captain Morgan for those interested) There were 5 people in the car. Two didn't drink any. The other passenger had a few sips, and so did the driver (despite my very strong protest, and the fact I promised him that I wasn't going to let him drive once we stopped. That is one of the dumbest things you can do, I think. I shouldn't have let him drink at all, but everyone was being really stupid.)

We pulled into the parking lot of the bowling alley. Right away, we decided we wanted to get something to eat so we pulled back out of the parking lot. On our way out, my friend driving pulled out in front of a car that happened to have been driven by the sheriff of a neighboring county.

We went and got our food and came back. When we parked, the sheriff came over and talked to us. He took our licenses and wrote down all our info. He called the local police too.

To make a already long story a little bit shorter, What ended up happening was we all got citations (fines, probably 3-7 hundred dollars) for having open alcohol bottles in our car. We all got off really easy. The driver should have lost his license and I and the other passenger should have gotten an underage. It could have been so much worse.

I don't want to drink ever again. I'm just glad no one got hurt.

I'm so stupid.

2. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    Part of growing up is surviving adolecent stupidy. We all go through it in some form or another. You are definitely not alone. The key is to learn from your mistake and not repeat it.

In Hawaii, they revoke the driver's license if they are caught drinking under age. They don't even have to be in a car at the time. You are lucky.

3. Hi.

Yep, really stupid and at the same time, extremely lucky. A not too costly lesson, where nothing bad happened.

DUI is one of the worst things one can do while there's other people around (almost always) IMO.

If it makes You feel any better, there's not that many teenagers or even adults, who has the balls to stop that from happening, specially when there's a group of people involved. It takes big balls to step out of such a vehicle too, usually means quite a long walk and being labelled as an uptight ***hole.

Unfortunately, if the youth is nowhere near the same over there as it is/was nover here, a non drinker often finds oneself rather alone or in a really weird company. Moderation and choosing a correct location are the keys to sucsessful use of alcohol IME. And yes, us finns tend to drink our fair share of alcohol, like it's going to run out or something ;).

Wait 'till Your first really bad hangover. THEN You swear that You'll never drink again.

Regards
    Sam

4. No kidding. My first really bad hangover was over a year ago. I'd say I've drank twice since.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    You got off lucky. PA requires a mandatory loss of license for 90 days, as well as fines like crazy.

In other words, PA is incredibly strict with underage drinking... the strictest in the nation and the only state that has a mandatory license suspension.

How do I know all this? I had three beers and saved a girl's life when I was twenty. Still serving the license suspension. You really got off lucky.

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Be safe Aug.

7. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Don't drink at 16.

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yep. Save your liver for college. OR when you're 21.

Being drunk isn't worth the risk.

9. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    ehhhh i don't say I agree all the time

if you feel like you can handle it, then go for it. I wasn't ready to start drinking until I was almost 18, then didn't even really drink until college. I'm no heavyweight now either, I drank last night but before then it had been a few weeks, I was antsy for some drunkage by then :D

10. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    you can drink without getting drunk

some people don't get that though, and automatically get plastered every time they drink. i like getting drunk with friends, its a great time, but I also like sitting around, watching TV or playing video games or something and getting a steady buzz throughout the night. Nice, calm, and relaxing. A great way to enjoy yourself. plus its cheaper and less destructive! :D

11. jomahu

jomahu

Dec 15, 2004
    Bos, MA
    gee whiz, good thing y'all weren't in an accident.

yeh, drinking ain't all it's cracked up to be.

12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    What would be really, really, really, really, really, really, really stupid is if you did something like that again. If you don't, then it was just relly stupid.

13. steve21

steve21 Banned

Now if you were all nice and baked, you probably wouldn't have even left.

After all, Pizza Hut is just one call away.

14. Different Tbird... MM. ::smug:

Unless Thunderbird91 has the same name as me.. .then that'd be weird.

15. I'd disagree and say just stick to the legal guide lines, other than maybe one at new years. Alcohol got me in plenty interesting situations from ages 14 through 18. :bag:

To the OP, you're right, it could have been alot worse. Got off lucky!

16. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Been there done that. I learned from it. Never did it again. Hopefully you do the same.

17. “If you don't make mistakes, you don't make anything”

18. Legally able to drink at 18... Australia for the win!

[​IMG]

19. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    I'm 17. I drink every now and then with a buddy or two. I think as long as you know the dangers of getting absolutely blind drunk you should be safe. We all keep an eye on each other and make sure we don't do any stupid **** like step in front of a car or something. Most of us get pretty wasted, but still have the ability to control ourselves (sorta) and look both ways when crossing roads, watch out for pedophiles etc. :) Never had one incident.

20. IanStephenson

IanStephenson UnRegistered User

Apr 8, 2006
    A person commits a summary offense if he, being less than 21 years of age, attempts to ...consumes.... [alchholic beverage] .it shall not be a defense that the ... beverage was consumed in a jurisdiction other than the jurisdiction where the citation for underage drinking was issued.

So if I bought and drunk beer here in the UK at the age of 19, under UK jurisdiction where its totally legal, I could be cited under your states laws?

That is brutal - you've not only made it illegal to drink in your state, but illegal to drink anywhere else in the world!

:)

Ian