i'm requesting a little slab of info..

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by darkowl, May 5, 2005.

1. I have nothing better than a 15 watt guitar amp for my bass, and I'm sick of borrowing peoples eq to practice and gig.

I've got about 600-700$ to spend on something at least loud enough to match my drummer for practice, and I can hook up to PA's at shows (in addition to whatever someone might recommend to me).

I really like the idea of a combo amp, because it's simple. I know absolutely nothing of electronics.. and things like these, so someone please help me ? :)

2. Theres lots in that price range that'll keep up iwth a drummer. A couple just of the top of my head would be the SWR WM 15, Ampeg BA-210, and possibly, never had any experience with these, as they are new, but the new Fender bassman series, the 2x10 or 1x15. All these are within your price range.

Some of the guys here with more experience with more stuff can probly give you some more options soon.
  3. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I know a guy - a long-established, and respected rock&roll bassist in Milwaukee - that uses a Hartke Kickback with a Sadowsky preamp (the sadowski looks like a pedal). It sounds very nice with his P-bass! He uses one preamp output into his amp, and uses another output on it to go to the board.

Dec 1, 2004
    Asheville NC
    Maybe an Ashdown combo?
  5. Try to find a SWR Redhead combo (if you don't use a low B especially), a Carvin 2x10 combo, or a Nemesis NC-210.
  6. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    Do a search on "combo amp" and don't forget to read the thread titled "the Pros and Cons of Combo Amps". :eyebrow:
  7. i appreciate the help, i'll look into everything, and read that thread.

8. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
  9. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd