1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I'm sad now. The end of the Chili's?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Thunderbird91, Apr 20, 2006.

1. I was on www.stadium-arcadium.com and they had a thread on there on the end of the Chili Peppers career. I have only recently discovered them and since I am so young (14) I feel like I missed out on there whole career. I never really thought about the end but with there big new Double-Album coming out in May, it may be the perfect ending. I've been listening to them a lot lately. I don't know what I will do if they breakup. :crying: I havn't even seen them live yet! That thread got me down. The only thing I can do know is appreciate the music they already gave us and wait for the new album and eventually, the end. :crying:

Anybody else love the Peppers?

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Nope.

3. :smug: funny

4. Don't listen to Munji, he's grumpy today

I LOVE the Chilli Peppers, saw them live twice in the early & mid 90s..

B.S.S.M. is an incredible album, totally had it's finger(s?) on the pulse, if yaknowwh'amsayin' :) Still sounds great in 2006 IMHO

5. what do you mean the end!?!

Not that I like their new stuff much, but... the chillipeppers? at the end of their career? woh...

6. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Well if that's what's going on, they had a good run. 10 years is a long career and they beat that by a lot.

7. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Mar 6, 2005
    日本/Alyeska
    I saw them at Fuji Rock a few years ago.

Originally planned on just listening to a couple songs since they were a famous act but definitely had no intentions of staying there the rest of the night.

They sure kicked ass live!!

8. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Ha, yeah right.

Those guys are like tighter than tight itself. I can't see them breaking up anytime soon.

9. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    ...closer to 20 years. :eek:

10. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    If it was just someone's comment in a thread, I wouldn't give it too much weight. Those guys have been together for a long time, they are still creating, and I don't see them breaking up for good, anytime soon.

Back when the Peppers were just starting out, I was working for a small video company in Austin. I got to work all their shows at The Ritz. I set up and looked after the video equipment, made sure nobody messed with the Chili's equipment, and made beer runs for them.

Got to hang out with them at the after-parties, too. It was usually just Anthony and Flea at the parties. Anthony was on heroin pretty bad, at the time (late 80's), and so was not social. Too busy in the back room, sticking needles in himself. But Flea? *Awesome* guy! Very friendly, he would hang out with everyone and chat and joke around...a regular guy. I have met a few celebrities in my time, but Flea was one of the most positive and friendly among them.

Cherie :)

11. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I love everything up till By The Way

12. thats funny i thought the end of the chilis was about the time californication came out...

I did like them when they were the spazzed out funk rock guys of Higher Ground fame, but then with californication they seemed to turn into a drugged-out tired California chill band...which isn't a bad sound, its just that i missed the old sound

kinda like people's opinion with RATM and audioslave...i think audioslave is a perfectly good sounding band, but i still miss the RATM sound :)

13. this thread makes me want to watch a movie with flea in it any suggestions

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I lost interest in those guys about 10 years ago, so I doubt I'll even notice if they do give it up.

-Mike

15. I think their career only just STARTED with "by the way" - anything pre that is boring if you ask me (not nessecerally bass-wise, but not my kind of thing in terms of the style and stuff generally...)

16. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    Blech, By The Way sucked other than a handful of tunes.

Blood Sugar is a masterpiece, and I'll be scooping up this double album when it gets released.

17. By the Way was definitely their worst album IMO. I love the old school funky stuff like Freaky Styley and Mothers Milk.

You must be more into pop than funk. :confused:

18. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    Addylewis and nad's posts remind me of people who thought Metallica went downhill with the black album... then there were those who thought Metallica just got rollin' with the black album. :)

19. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    The Big Lebowsky

With Flea as a german terrorist :D

20. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...

on the chance you're not, The Big Lebowski is a personal favorite of mine.:bassist: