I'm seeing Korn tonight.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mike Money, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Clickety clack clicky click

Should be fun.
  2. stu FORD

stu FORD

May 22, 2004
  3. I had some for dinner earlier.;)

For real though, ask Fieldy what's the best bass for metal, cuz I really need to know.
  4. Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Hey... I like Korn... and I'm 53! :ninja:
  5. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    My night is actually better now because I realized that I'm not seeing Korn tonight.
  6. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    +1. There are a lot better acts out there than korn(y) :spit:
  7. [​IMG]

Yo DAWG! I sound like the Kan:D
  8. Fieldy called:

He wants his can back

9. Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    I just gotta say... you certainly didn't offend me, but I sho' does luv yo' apology... :D

...so much so, 'dat I'm gonna steal it!!! :D
  10. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Well... I hate to dissappoint you all...

Korn kicks ass live.

Maybe it was because they were kicking off their first tour in a couple years in their home town? I dunno.

Besides the usual 4 members... They had 4 guys behind them in masks.

A synth player, a geetar player, a percussionist, and an additional singer. I'm thinking it was the guys from Mudvayne...

The sound was HUGE. It took a song or two for the sound man to get it dialed in... but it sounded great...

They played for 2 straight hours.... no rests. That was their longest set ever.

They did a lot of their Follow the Leader CD... I'd say Got The Life was the best sounding tune overall... but that is my favorite korn song, so i'm biased, ya know?

Fieldy's tone and style really add a lot more live than they do on recordings. Its like an additional drumset.... just there are pitches behind it. Between fieldy, the set drummer, and all the random percussion they had... the sound was GIGANTIC...

Definitely worth the $71 to get me and my female in. I will be seeing korn again.

11. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    Ever seen 311?

311 Day 2003 (or was it 02'?) was 3:56 minutes with one 10 minute break before the I believe it was 8 encore tracks. Their sound was the "hugest" thing I'd ever experienced.

And Hexum can sing. P'nut has better basses.

Sorry, voiciferously anti-Korn. Hope you had fun, man.
  12. Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Yo! You didn't disappoint me... I said I like Korn... and I'm still 53... :bassist:
  13. I am a HUGE Korn freak (I am addicted to 90's nu metal) But I am not too big a fan of the newer album. Not sure what it is, but It just doesn't do it for me like the previous albums did... What makes me most mad, the "DIO-esque" minute of silence to the beginning of "Twisted Transistor."

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

How are your transistors this morning Mike ?
  15. I saw Korn in September, they had chosen a bad date (the day before the schools opened) but they played very well. There were a lot of crazy females and it was pretty annoying because of their attidute but beside that it was pretty cool
  16. ...and you'll see them again in the morning, too...;)
  17. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    I've only seen korn live on videos and i found it bit weird...

they are running around on stage headbanging and playing some lifeless riff and the crowd is going nuts... what's the secret...