Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

im seeing rush...................................TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Jul 16, 2004.

1. yes i am going to cricket pavilion tonight asnd i am going to see there show!

2. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    Have fun! I'm going to see Rush................................... AUGUST 21st! (lol thats a long ways away, I'm getting antsy.)

3. Getao

Getao

Jun 17, 2004
    Menlo Park, CA
    I saw Rush... June 8th!

It was an awsome show in Detroit. YYZ and an abbreviated 2112-older-song-medly were the highlights of the show. The moment the beginnings of either song happened, the crowd went absolutley wild :cool:

4. what was the first song they played was it tom sawyer?

5. Getao

Getao

Jun 17, 2004
    Menlo Park, CA
    I don't remember :( I only remember they started off with one of their funny/weird videos on the screen, and this was after sitting at row 26 on like seat zzzzzzz staring at the guitar tech use this bigass tuner for like 6 guitars

6. they played tom sawyer right after the intermission. Tom Sawyer is one of my least favorite rush song but other than that the set list was perfect. YYZ, drum solo, la villa strangeato, and 2112 were all amazing.

7. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    When I saw them on July 12th, RUSH started the show with a medley of several songs strewn together. Can't remember exactly which songs, they were older songs though.

I thought Xanadu was a highliight, as Alex brought out the white Gibson double neck, if Geddy would've had his Ric it would have been all over.

Also One Little Victory was pretty cool as the Fire breathing dragon in the video is synced with the pyro technics on stage.
    Too cool.