Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm selling my Darrin Huff bass!!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Skerik1, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Skerik1

Skerik1

Sep 21, 2002
    Saint Paul, MN
    That's right. I'm selling my bass!! I hate to part with this
    beautiful thing, but I figured out it isn't quite what I want. I
    figured she'd be happier with someone who use her to her full
    potential :)

Here are some pictures if you're not familiar with my bass:
    http://www.dhuffguitars.com/MW.html

E-mail me at mattwilk@indytel.com or send me a Private Message if you are interested in buying her!

[​IMG]

Thanks a bunch!
    --Matthew Wilkinson

2. That's just stunning. Beyond gorgeous. Darrin truly creates works of art.

3. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    How about the amount you are selling it for? I don't know why some people post a for sale ad with no price.

4. Skerik1

Skerik1

Sep 21, 2002
    Saint Paul, MN
    $3000

--Matthew

5. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    Matt you can get a new one with more options built to their specs for that price(or less)

but then again they don't have to wait. So it's up to the customer how much they are willing to pay for not having to wait.

Darrin

6. Skerik1

Skerik1

Sep 21, 2002
    Saint Paul, MN
    Basically, I have a "Deluxe Z" series bass (with a custom body shape) which costs $2995. Now I know there are lots of folks on here that think my bass is A-OK. This is cusom one-off. Another one these will NEVER be made again (unless Darrin wants to). Darrin said my bass would probably be worth 2500. Now, with the $3000 price tag, I'm justifying the 1+ year wait for a bass from Darrin. The choice is yours.

Please understand that there is NOTHING wrong with this bass AT ALL. It's just my personal preference that I don't dig some of the options I chose 2.5 years ago and I'm in desperate need of money. It's hands-down the best bass I've ever played! Darrin makes a great bass and he's one helluva cool understanding guy.

--Matthew

7. Skerik1

Skerik1

Sep 21, 2002
    Saint Paul, MN
  8. Skerik1

Skerik1

Sep 21, 2002
    Saint Paul, MN
    The old girl is still for sale! My asking price is $2500.

I'd like to get this sold ASAP, so if you're interested, let me know!!

--Matthew Wilkinson

9. Emperor Elite

Emperor Elite

Oct 20, 2004
    \
    What is the scale length on that bass? The bridge is in an unusual position, which makes the P and J pickups very close to the bridge. Is it a short-scale bass?

Ben

10. Skerik1

Skerik1

Sep 21, 2002
    Saint Paul, MN

Yep, she has a 32" scale and is REALLY comfy to play. The pickup placement and the active pups and eq give it a really hi-fi sound.

--Matthew

11. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Holy crap, that is a beautiful bass. Shame-I'm-just-a-poor-high-school-student-bump.

12. Tone Monster

Tone Monster

Dec 5, 2004
    i'll give you $1000 ....
    sorry to waste your time.