Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm sitting here watching "Night of the Living Dead"

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    And I am sorta feeling sorry for the zombies...

They are just victims of radiation that turned their brains back on! They do not know what they are doing.

They sit their and beat the crap out of the zombies with crowbars, and shoot them with shot guns and hunting rifles.

It is sorta like beating up a retarded kid... It just seems so unfair...

But oh well.

2. wanna see a movie about something REALLY wrong and unfair? watch shindler's(sp?) list.

3. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    IIRC, the people IN the house behave just as sick/dangerous as the zombies outside anyway. the movie creates a strange atmosphere of aggression, which i can't really describe with my limited english vocabulary.

regarding unfairness: it's just the same with dogs that have to be put to death because they attacked someone. they didn't know what they were doing either. if you saw a large dog mauling your child you wouldn't hesitate to hit it with a shovel until it let go, would you?

4. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Wich one was it, the original (black and white) or remake (colour)? They both follow a very similar story with the same events but the ending differs a bit and the actors arent that good on the remake (I'm sure the 'candy man' is the [token] black member of the party).

Watch dawn of the dead - in my opinion the best zombie film there is...for a month or two, ours will be out soon (Y)

5. Avoid Resident Evil like the plague (natch)

Absolutely dire film. So dissapointing.

6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    It was the color.

I like the original so much better. It is a crapload scarier. The little girl mauling her mother with a spade, the zombies walking around with those people's innards after they have been blown up in a gas fire... all the juices leaking from it.

I have dreams that I am in the original movie... they aren't nightmares, but that movie stuck with me enough that I dream about it.

gotta love it.

7. I have dawn of the dead on DVD...I'm glad someone finally filled me in on how the corpses became undead zombies.

8. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    It explains on the film about 25 mins in when the SWAT team meet an old preist in a basement and he says about when hells full up the dead will walk the Earth.

9. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Eh... I thought people coming back from the dead were a result of radiation? It says something like that in the movie...
    -----------------------------------------------
    I wish something like that would actually happen.

What could be more fun that sending bullets into Zombies heads or beating them with crow bars or lighting them on fire?

I know I would enjoy it.

10. The Black dude says it...he says it in the mall and says that it was his Grandfather who explained it to him...but strangely that explanation didn't do it for me. The radiation thing isn't mentioned at all.

11. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    The radiation appraoch is on loads eg zombie creeping flesh - based on an oil rig that leaks then for some reason a rat gets jammed in the piping and it all goes pear shaped form then on (including the quality of the film).

12. Which film are we talking about now? That's not dawn of the dead.

13. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Zombie creeping flesh, it's really naff though so I wouldn't go out of your way to get hold of it :p

14. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

It looks like that final scene; People walking about, aimless, looking for free food.