Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm so happy (new gear)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matthew Bryson, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I am one happy camper today. I just got my first "real" rig put together. I picked up a head a little while back, and a cab that just arrived yesterday - both from TB'ers & the TB classifieds. (very, very special thanks to babaseen and dcr!) I also recently bought a new Geddy Jazz. So, my new set up is a new Fender Geddy Lee Jazz into a Trace Elliot AH250 (from the mid 80's) into an Eden D210XLT… I LOVE it! It's like night and day compared to my "starter gear" that I'd been playing. The tone is great, it is just want I wanted and it gets LOUD!

My old set up was a photo flame Essex P into a Peavey TKO (80 watts - Sheffield speaker, it didn't even have the Scorpion) I hated the SX from day one. The Peavey was okay, and served me well for a very long time - but it doesn't get all that loud, the tone is nothing impressive and it is now in desperate need of service, it's cutting out constantly (dirty pots) The new rig is like a 10,000% improvement.

I'm just so happy, I had to make a post. I realize that this doesn't count because I'm not posting pics yet - I plan to do that as soon as I renew my supporting membership. This is going to be a long day at work, I can't wait to get back to all my fantastic new gear.

2. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Congrats, it's always nice to be happy with your rig.

3. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Yes, it is a very good feeling. One that I'm really not used to. I haven't felt this way since I got the Peavey and my first bass (Ibanez) about 5 years ago.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    What happened to the 215?

-Mike

5. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    A 210XLT will make almost anything sound good...congratulations. I just recently started a rig myself and I'm putting it together piece by piece. Previously I depended on other's gear(our singer had an old Kustom 2x15 and an old Ampeg V4B or sometimes PA). Now I've accumulated a VTBP-201S and a 210XLT. I still have to borrow a poweramp. I'm a bit broke having to fix my car and pay tuition recently though. Anyways, the plan is a DBX compressor(I love that hard-knee sound), probably a Stewart 1.2, and a 112XLT. I'll be boss then.

6. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001

Still got it - I just sent you a PM about it.

-MB